2year tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You said you had found out that the deposit was protected.

Originally posted by westminster View Post

Call the three schemes and ask them whether they are protecting your deposit, as suggested by mtg in post #6, or use the form provided by snorkerz in post #7.
    Originally posted by charakadisney View Post
    Update

I have found out that deposit is protected but awaiting ID numbers etc.
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

She told me it was in one scheme and i have called all three and they have no record of it. I have asked her again but she keeps avoiding the topic.

Comment

Originally posted by charakadisney View Post
        She told me it was in one scheme and i have called all three and they have no record of it. I have asked her again but she keeps avoiding the topic.
        You were told on the 17th June twice to contact the schemes. This was repeated on the 11th of July.

You came back a week later(after 11th July) to say it was protected.

I suggest you ake the advice already given to you in this thread.
        Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

If I have read correctly, T didn't call the schemes as advised but asked and believed L who said deposit was protected. T has since discovered L was telling porkies.

Charakadisney, you've not quite answered people's questions or followed the advice given which is why people are referring you to their earlier replies. If you go back and read the thread from the start you'll see what I mean and find some useful info (polite reprimand over ).

(N.B. Much of my knowledge has been gleaned from reading the forum - I've not been through this.)

L has left themselves open to a claim for the return of your deposit in full plus 3 x the value of the deposit as a "fine" for non-compliance with the law because they did not protect your deposit before the end of the tenancy (assuming all criteria are met and there's a strong prevailing wind).

It's not straightforward, though, so have a good dig through the forum and carefully read the posts about taking L to court for not protecting your deposit.

There's a wealth of information from the extremely helpful chaps and chapesses on here including wording for a "Letter before action", iirc :-)

Comment

I had asked L about deposit who said it was with DPS in 18th july, before 11th july I contacted all 3 schemes to find out it wasnt protected. I once again this morning called them all with the same response 'it is not protected with us'.

I now have the issue that someone is lying to me and i seem to be going in circles. I understand I can take L to court for 3times as much but not sure how to go about it due to the fact that L has stated it is protected but is not contacting me with details of scheme.

I have contacted schemes as suggested but wary of starting court claim as L is stating its protected.

Comment

Also can I ask about typical cost of carpet cleaning.
              I informed L i had planned to arrange professional clean before end of tenancy. L went and arranged that themself and I am now being charging over £200 for carpet cleaning of a 2bedroom flat which I think it slightly excessive. am i wrong here?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X