Is this unreasonable behavior, by landlorsd representive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree with thesaint (I don't often do that ) but he/she has experience in this area. If you could tell us the name of the organisation that owns the properties then maybe we could find out for you. No need to mention which site you live on - thus avoiding any (slight) chance of the manager identifying you.

The answer to your initial query is that there is probably little the manager could do about you putting up a windbreak - other than make you feel bad.

The real problem is that the manager is obviously bullying you and your co-residents and that is patently wrong. Someone needs to do something or this will get worse. He is not in the prison service now, you are free individuals and he has to understand that treating you like prisoners is tantamount to harassment and could result in a civil case against him.

32 Identical complaints to the Housing Association or whatever should result in the re-training or releasing of the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post

32 Identical complaints to the Housing Association or whatever should result in the re-training or releasing of the manager.
      'releasing'...Now there's an interesting euphemism! Do you mean the sacking of the manager?
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
        'releasing'...Now there's an interesting euphemism! Do you mean the sacking of the manager?
        Well, could be sacking, or he could be encouraged to retire to one of their other sites - I'm sure they can find a manager able to bully him!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to re-entry clause any use?
          by hospitality
          As Interlaken pointed, I checked with a friend of mine living nearby & confirmed T is indeed living there with family, and seemingly good life with couple of cars (beemer too) and a van. The suggestion is perhaps they are the type who push the boundaries with others at every instance. It then becomes...
          14-08-2022, 19:01 PM
        • re-entry clause any use?
          by hospitality
          New tenant signed contract with LA for initial period 17/06/2022 to 16/06/2022. T was late with initial rent itself (paid in advance), i.e. only paid on 24/06 and took possession. T was again late for the next payment due 24/07. No sign of payment yet.

I understand S8 G8/10/11 notice can...
          12-08-2022, 17:32 PM
        • Reply to Gas Central Heating Included in Rent
          by gnvqsos
          The all-inclusive tarrif is dead. It also encouraged wasteful use of resources. There is a way round this dilemma,and as a consultant I have advised many on circumventing rent restrictions, legally, of course.
          14-08-2022, 18:50 PM
        • Gas Central Heating Included in Rent
          by patray
          I am trying to work out the best way to recoup some of the increase in the cost of the gas given that we can only put up the rent once a year but the cost is going to be increased in October and probably every 3 months.

It's not possible to forsee how much prices will rise or what help...
          14-08-2022, 14:03 PM
        • Reply to Future Issues for LL and Tenants
          by gnvqsos
          The writer has a vested interest, facing a rent rise, stripping the article of objectivity. As she works online she could relocate to Rotherham where her rent increase 0f £300 pcm would get a room plus bills...
          14-08-2022, 18:47 PM
        • Future Issues for LL and Tenants
          by Hudson01
          Looking at the news today (similar to yesterday and the day before), they are talking about combined energy bills of 4-5k a year...... by April 2023. There are many properties up north where the combined rental per annum is between 6-7k....... that is insane.

Could we have a situation...
          13-08-2022, 22:08 PM
          by patray
          Thank you DPT57 and Hudson 01. I am trying to be fair to the tenants. We have no idea of what the increases might be only that they will probably be huge. On the other hand the government may step in and help with the cost again.

My idea about keeping it separate from the rent meant I could...
          14-08-2022, 18:45 PM
          by Hudson01
          https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...eneration-rent

This is the sort of nonsense that Gen Rent and Shelter will be pouring into the govt's ears, in time some of it, or all of it..... will stick and we will get turned over again. The more that tenants are seen as...
          14-08-2022, 18:41 PM
          by Hudson01
          Given you have an idea of what Kwh's were used before, and if you look at any national news channel there are many predictions on what it will be in April 2023, i would do as suggested above, increase it once, but make it BIG ....... They are looking at an average CAP of £4500-£5000 after the April...
          14-08-2022, 17:27 PM
          by Hudson01
          Totally agree..... but has anyone told the govt or the developers who still appear to be fitting no solar panels on their new builds...... no heat pumps...... no rain water retention systems...... i could go on but you get the idea, we are useless as a country at preparing for the future, the future...
          14-08-2022, 17:20 PM
        Working...
        X