X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by mjbfire View Post
    To be safe you need to get a surrender document done, witnessed by a 3rd party(To be sure).
    And you storing his items is a differant matter, and upto you and him to make an arrangement.
    If any items are left in the P, don't touch them, as only a balliff can remove stuff, after you get a court order.

If you going for the third party, try a lawyer or local council housing.
    Surrender document? Is there special wording for this and, if so, what is it? Am thinking I could have this ready and waiting when I see the tenant, just in case.

Also, could this be signed the day after the s21 expires, or does it have to be before?

Leave a comment:

• thesaint
    replied
    Originally posted by mjbfire View Post
    as only a balliff can remove stuff, after you get a court order.
    Bailiffs clear a house?

Leave a comment:

• mjbfire
    replied
    To be safe you need to get a surrender document done, witnessed by a 3rd party(To be sure).
    And you storing his items is a differant matter, and upto you and him to make an arrangement.
    If any items are left in the P, don't touch them, as only a balliff can remove stuff, after you get a court order.

If you going for the third party, try a lawyer or local council housing.

Leave a comment:

• S21 expired, tenant's belonging still there but no tenant

Tenant should be leaving my property in a matter of days. However, I don't believe he has even bothered looking for alternative accommodation. That said, I think it is possible that he might get temporary lodgings at a friend's, but clearly he's not going to be able to arrange to move all his possessions by the date of the expiry of s.21 and I can see him asking if he can leave some items behind until he can make alternative arrangements.

If he has gone but leaves any of his property with me I'm assuming that still means I would need a court order for possession even? I'm guessing every last item needs to be gone before I can change the locks? Even if he tells me he has moved out, I presume I can't put anything left behind outside for him (in a safe place but outside the front door)?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X