Legal advise??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal advise??

I'm wanting to get legal advise about giving a section 21 notice that is going to be issued to my tenants.
    the reason i want to do this is because i have been a little laxydaisy with the tenancy and have messed up!!!

Is it likely a solictor would take me on as......
    1) I've already messed up on 2 accounts and
    2) i'd be basically paying the solictor to guide me through the correct procedure of issuing a section 21 or 8 depending on if they pay me and them sorting the correct documents out.

I don't want to mess it up again and as much as i read up about it it confuses me!

TIA x

Sorry to learn that you have messed up. If you want the help of a solicitor in landlord/tenant matters then you are well advised to find one with landlord/tenant experience. Not all have this so may I suggest that you approach one of our topic experts who indicate that they are able to assist private clients or one of our advertisers.

P.P.
    Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Thank you P.P thats great, where would i find the topic experts? (sorry i'm a newbie).

Comment

What have you messed up on. You'd be better off giving the details here, as it may not be that bad, and you can always seek paid legal advice afterwards
        Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

I don't want to write it in here just incase the tenants are reading up as they have started playing funny beggers. But thank you, i guess i'm a little paranoid....

I did noce the spelling mistake but can't see anywhere to edit the post!!

Comment

To edit post: use the, er, EDIT button. However, there are time limits: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...ad.php?t=20068
            JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
            4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Ahhh thank you

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X