X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issuing a Section 21 Notice

Hi Newbie here.

Can you help me?

I want to issue a section 21, on the tenancy aggreement the second name of the lady has now changed as they have married, do i still issue to the names i have on the agreement or do i issue to what is now the married name??

Thank you for your help x

How about "Mr B Bloggs & Mrs A Bloggs (nee Smith)"

Comment

Yeah that would work, i realised i should write that.

Thanks for confirming x

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Rent arrears
        by jpkeates
        A tenant who doesn't communicate well about arrears wouldn't be unusual.

In normal times I would suggest serving notice and use MCOL for the arrears.
        But with six month's notice and a huge court backlog, that's less appropriate.
        The risk of the tenant either stopping paying...
        23-09-2020, 10:01 AM
      • Rent arrears
        by MP31
        Hi

I have a tenant who got in arrears in the end of 2019 by 1.5 months because of work then continued to pay full rent until Covid. He couldn't work and was unfortunate to not get furlough or any government scheme other that UC so we arranged a reduced for 4 months. Now he is behind further...
        22-09-2020, 19:58 PM
      • Reply to Direct Debit vs Standing Order
        by boletus
        It's just one of many, many things that come up during a natural conversation with a prospective tenant. E.g "How are you paying the rent?"

DD & SO are often used interchangeably. I've lost count of the amount of times I've explained it. A tenant knowing the difference wouldn't...
        23-09-2020, 10:00 AM
      • Direct Debit vs Standing Order
        by danwestgarth
        Has anyone any experience in collecting rent from tenants using Direct Debit opposed to Standing Order? From what i understand, with Direct Debit the payee (landlord) is in control, rather than the payor (tenant). JCould be a good way to minimize missed payments during covid-19. Does anyone know of...
        22-09-2020, 15:44 PM
      • Reply to Rent arrears
        by Perce
        Those who are not paying anything are doing it deliberately or cannot be bothered to make arrangements. Where do they get money to eat, pay bills, pay council tax, pay for mobile phones, pay for petrol like my tenant ? The government provides a lot of support with rent. I have just looked in my area...
        23-09-2020, 09:59 AM
      • Reply to Rent arrears
        by Hudson01
        This speaks volumes in my opinion....... he could simply be playing for time, get rid asap....
        23-09-2020, 09:31 AM
      • Reply to Rent arrears
        by jpkeates
        Assuming the tenant really doesn't have any money, suing them for it is unlikely to do any good.

If you serve notice, the tenant may simply stop paying rent - as they might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb, and you've already shown that you intend to evict them.

I would...
        23-09-2020, 09:02 AM
      • Reply to Direct Debit vs Standing Order
        by ChrisDennison
        I still don’t understand how he would be arguing about it if he accepts you wanting to set rent payments up by direct debit rather than by standing order...? Or if he accepts you wanting to set up a standing order rather than a direct debit? ​​​​​​

Or how there is a red flag...
        23-09-2020, 08:53 AM
      • Reply to Do you regularly (or at all) increase rent for existing tenants?
        by tatemono
        the philosophy of being nice is not posited on it being reciprocated. In fact, historically some have argued cogently that it would cease to be such a philosophy if that were the case.

But I digress.

I disagree that the "Christmas bonus" idea is a better policy. In...
        23-09-2020, 08:48 AM
      • Do you regularly (or at all) increase rent for existing tenants?
        by ChrisDennison
        I would like to gauge your experience on this - in all my properties I have never increased rent in an existing tenancy, regardless of how long the tenant stays. Am I stupid or normal or somewhere in between?

I’m of course happy to adjust to market rent whenever a tenant moves out and...
        19-09-2020, 19:00 PM
      Working...
      X