I really need some advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really need some advice please

hi all i have big problem there was a built in oven when we moved in it packed up 8 weeks ago and my landlord has just taken it to be fixed he rang me today and has said he will refuse to pay for it as it will cost him £150 so has said to us to get a new one for 120 from a retailer which we cannot aford to do ,, It is becoming a joke i cannot cook proper meals for my 6 year old son and us what do we do ????? Is it our responsibilty to go out and buy one or is it his problem ??? i,m getting to the point off depression ,, i really need some advice on this please

wayne

Originally posted by wayne09 View Post
    hi all i have big problem there was a built in oven when we moved in it packed up 8 weeks ago and my landlord has just taken it to be fixed he rang me today and has said he will refuse to pay for it as it will cost him £150 so has said to us to get a new one for 120 from a retailer which we cannot aford to do ,, It is becoming a joke i cannot cook proper meals for my 6 year old son and us what do we do ????? Is it our responsibilty to go out and buy one or is it his problem ??? i,m getting to the point off depression ,, i really need some advice on this please

wayne
    Is there an inventory for the contents of the property and was the oven there when you moved in?

Is liability for electrical repairs mentioned in your tenancy agreement?
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

yes the oven was already here when we moved in ,, and when we moved in the hot was,nt working but he did fix that well it took him 5 weeks to get around to it ... so as for today we have no oven whatsoever and god knows when we,ll one of those in this house

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
        Is liability for electrical repairs mentioned in your tenancy agreement?
        Wayne, you need to answer MTG's question, because the landlord isn't necessarily responsible for repairing the oven unless it says he is in the tenancy agreement.

Comment

But hes accepted responsibilty by removing it for repair in the first place ............

Comment

Originally posted by Springfields View Post
            But hes accepted responsibilty by removing it for repair in the first place ............
            Really, when did he do so?
            Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X