T changed locks and refuses to communicate with L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T changed locks and refuses to communicate with L

My tenant has been served a Section 8 and 21, has stopped paying rent and has changed the locks. I need to sell the flat but my agent cant even get in to do a valuation. Tenant has cut off all communication and will not respond to requests to supply new keys, change locks back or let agent in.

As last resort I have written saying locks will be changed in a week and he will be give a new key either on the day if he wants to be present or from my agent. Don't want to risk any allegagtions of harrassment so is this OK? Also I sent a copy of this letter to agent and asked them to advise tenant of locks being changed too. Anything else I should do? What do I do if he just changes the locks back again?

This tenant is so spiteful that when I asked for his housing benefit to be paid direct after eight weeks arrears he said in that case he would withdraw his claim. All I want to do is sell the flat and move on with my life. I gave him more than the required two months notice, offered to pay an agent to find him a new flat, return deposit in full, write good reference and to pay him a cash bonus on sale of the property. I have worked hard all my life and am a single mother with a child - he is a big bloke who has always lived on benefits, knows how to exploit the system and is a complete bully.

If he won't communicate how do I know he has actually moved out when the Section 21 expires? Can I enter and carry out viewings, as long as I am not preventing access? Should I write to him after the Section 21 expires at the address of the property confirming he still has access? Advice please.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X