Must L change bulb, fix oven? Charge T for goods storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffrey
    replied
    Originally posted by southeast lass View Post
    I hate being a landlord
    Do tell us who forced you into this hateful role.

Leave a comment:

• southeast lass
    replied
    The Saga continues....

Well we now have a court date

It could go either way because of the admin error. if we dont get possession then it looks like our family are homeless plus other half cannot take much more
    they claim that our statement of truth which we submitted to the court is a pack of lies which is not the case.
    they even have a housing solicitor working free of charge on their behalf.

how can one keep going in these circumstances ?
    i am at breaking point the kids totally upset all the time cannot understand why they cannot move in and other half threatening divorce!!

if the section 21 fails & we do another one with another 3 month wait what are the chances it wouldn't thrown out again? Other half keeps saying they will never leave & we'll just have to sell

I hate being a landlord especially as we are paying in excess of £400 per month to top up the mortgage payment

Leave a comment:

• southeast lass
    replied
    it was to be c day tomorrow but it looks like I have a major problem!
    solicitor who drew up the paperwork for the court didn't check all of it & there could be a 'technical error'!!
    It could go either way.
    what do i do if they haven't appealed do i go for it or have the more distressing wait of a further 2 months plus by which time my old house will have been sold & i am homeless. other half is hoping mad
    i have spent the last 4 hours in tears dont these b****y people realise what they are doing I am sure they do!!
    i'll end up in a tent at this rate & still be paying a mortgage

Leave a comment:

• southeast lass
    replied
    Originally posted by subjecttocontract View Post
    Some of us won't let our property unless the tenants qualify for rent guarantee insurance and/ or provide a home owning guarantor.
    I wish it was that straight forward I let my heart rule my head after all I was trying to pay the mortgage in full every month until our family were ready to move which sadly hasn't been the case.
    If I'd have known they had a bad credit rating I wouldn't have let it to them. Their previous landlord gave them a good reference etc paid on time etc .

The biggest question is IF we end up being homeless can we recharge the tenants as I dont want to be out of pocket even more!!!

Leave a comment:

• subjecttocontract
    replied
    Some of us won't let our property unless the tenants qualify for rent guarantee insurance and/ or provide a home owning guarantor.

Leave a comment:

• southeast lass
    replied
    landlord expenses whilst awaiting to move out tenants & move in to house at last!

I have a home we are awiting to move into and by the looks of things I'll be the one looking for alternative accomodation!!
    tenants out of ast already applied to court for possession court didn't tell us that there was a 10 day delay in getting the paperwork out as staff was sick!
    no rent for almost 1 month so had to pay the mortgage plus the home we are selling ( due to complete within the next couple of weeks so think we'll be homeless. short of putting the furniture into storage & living from a b&b I dont know what to do.

we'll end up paying a mortage ,storeage, alternative acc whilst they are sitting nicely at my expense!!

can a judge take this into account as I am worried to death and the costs are horrendus . If push comes to shove I could stay at my parents but that would involve a 2 hour comute each way to work instead of 10 minutes

have i got to pick these expenses up or can they be passed on?

The kind soul of a tenant has employed a solicitor (not sure on what basis yet) but they dont have a leg to stand on.

Its amazing what you do in the wee small hours just googled their old address & you could fit 3 of their old place into mine and not even paying a market rent when they were paying it

Leave a comment:

• southeast lass
    replied
    many thanks

Leave a comment:

• thesaint
    replied
    I think bailiff costs are in the region of £100.
    I expect that you can ask at court when you are there.

Leave a comment:

• southeast lass
    replied
    well today is here off to court to pay my £150.00!!

spoken to council who have confirmed temp accommodation no pets!!

neighbours have said no movement of boxes or stuff from outside.

Any ideas on Baillif costs for my poor savings to take another hit on!!

Leave a comment:

• Paul Gibbs
    replied
    deposit protected all ok
    looks like we'll be going to court am already braced for that expense !
    Costs for eviction following section 21 are not that expensive. Ensure your paperwork is all in order before you issue.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    BUT i assume the council wouldn't take pets and would that delay the eviction timescale which would leave me high & dry!!
    Why do you assume that?

Leave a comment:

• Marisol
    replied
    Not sure why you think it's fair that the tenant should pay for the repair of YOUR built-in oven? Unless they broke it deliberately of course.

Leave a comment:

• southeast lass
    replied
    here we go again
    Latest is tenant has spoken to council housing claiming its a maintenance issue although ast clearly states its tenants responsiblity to keep appliances in good order!

do we just pay then deduct from deposit ?

i am now begining to wonder if they are trying to delay the inevitable & get the council to house them as ithey think it would be cheaper in the long run!!
    BUT i assume the council wouldn't take pets and would that delay the eviction timescale which would leave me high & dry!!

Leave a comment:

• southeast lass
    replied
    Originally posted by Snorkerz View Post
    No quicker, and they are known to make mistakes (due to volume?). S21 is reasonably straightforward and does not usually involve a court hearing. You can get advice on here regarding the paperwork.

Most ASTs make the tenant responsible for your legal costs - check your own.
    yes the ast does make them responsible I just think that they are in total denial that they need to move I dont think they have even started looking after almost 2 months. hubby has an appointment tomorrow with solicitor so I am just wondering if one letter prior to dropping the papers in on monday might do the trick (but there again pigs might fly!)
    i am right in thinking that if we do have to go to court the judge can only award a further stay of a maximum of 6 weeks.
    if that is the case i might have a problem being homeless myself can the judge take this into consideration plus any costs if we had to find temp accommodation & storage fees?
    it seems like we are totally in the wrong & have to attend to their needs before our own!!

Leave a comment:

• southeast lass
    replied
    Originally posted by remyrobson View Post
    Have you tried energy saving bulbs? We've had the same ones in one of our houses for 2 years! They are high up over a staircase so they're a nightmare to change, it's only a matter of time I suppose, but it saves me some of the sweaty palms and palpitations I get when I think about climbing a ladder over that staircase!
    its only a single story house I know what you mean my current house has very high ceilings (something I'll miss) and they can a nuisance although I'm not too bad on ladders!

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Is a handrail required?
    by prs26
    I am writing to ask if a handrail is required by any law/regulation for a wide flight of three marble stairs, each about 14cm in height well spaced apart and each with a doormat inset into the centre, which go up to the front entrance door of a residential block of 4 flats. Thank you.
    16-05-2022, 15:20 PM
  • Reply to Invoice for work - am I being unreasonable?
    by Laurasplog
    The pipework was found to be sound. I think Company A were there as an emergency "see if it's sewage and shut off the water if necessary". They said it was a pipework problem and a sealant problem. Company B carried out a full audit on the pipes and found it was only a sealant problem....
    16-05-2022, 14:59 PM
  • Invoice for work - am I being unreasonable?
    by Laurasplog
    We have a London flat managed by an agent (full management service).

My husband and I were abroad, and got a call from the council saying the property was leaking sewage into the flat below. We contacted our agent immediately who sent someone around the same day (Company A).

16-05-2022, 12:58 PM
    by Laurasplog
    The letting agent engaged all of them. We gave them an instruction to fix whatever the problem was after the notification from the council there was a problem - we pay for a full management service.

I doubt the agency will give us money back because they've paid it out directly to the contractor,...
    16-05-2022, 14:58 PM
  • Reply to Buying a tenanted residential property
    by theartfullodger
    In November 1979 BoE base rate hit 17% under Thatcher's government. My building society was kind by only raising their rates to 15%.....

IMHO rates will continue to rise. Sorry.

What you are proposing would breach your mortgage terms and possibly result in place being repo'd....
    16-05-2022, 14:30 PM
  • Buying a tenanted residential property
    by itsthomas
    We are buying a residential property to live in
    Now that everything is ready for exchange we are told that the tenant has decided not to move out.
    The tenancy agreement is already expired two months ago and she has stopped paying rent since.

Now we would like to know what happens...
    12-05-2022, 19:37 PM
    by Neelix
    Just be thankful you haven’t got an insurance claim from the flat below...
    16-05-2022, 14:28 PM
    by ash72
    Why didn't Company A just carry out the works, why were 2 other companies enlisted, was this for insurance purposes? Most likely company A made the right assessment, as it could be a combination of both bath being sealed and pipes especially if hair and other things start causing a blockage something...
    16-05-2022, 14:25 PM
  • Reply to S21 Abolition Query
    by theartfullodger
    Until we see the actual legislation to be enacted to replace s21 we won't know.

We could talk about how Scotland handled abolition of the equivalent, but am confident England will do it differently (mainly due to NIH )

Who wanted 24 months and why or watch why? Do I guess...
    16-05-2022, 14:24 PM
  • S21 Abolition Query
    by Sol_1969
    Hi,

Now that it looks like that S21 will be abolished, can anyone hazard a guess what will happen to S21 notices that were issued before the abolition but have not yet been completed?

I have tenants who are 12 months through a 24-month contract. I would like to serve a S21...
    16-05-2022, 10:32 AM
Working...
X