X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• westminster
    replied
    Originally posted by michelle85 View Post
    I have tried putting a claim for my deposit taking £50 which I had told him I could get the carpets done for he rejectd wanting to take £250 out so rejected that, I then put a claim in disputing the £200 to use the adr service but he is refusing to use them aswell.
    If LL is refusing to use ADR, then you will have to issue a county court claim against him, which you can do via Money Claim Online.

If you haven't done this before, buy a book on the small claims procedure first; there are a few on Amazon.

Assuming you win, and if the deposit is being held by DPS (http://www.depositprotection.com/) you must ask the court to also name DPS on the CCJ, ordering them to pay you the deposit (and the LL would be ordered to pay you the court fees).

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    But are we sure that it is indeed an AST (as opposed to an SAT or a non-1988 Act letting)?

Leave a comment:

• Interlaken
    replied
    You will have to abide by the conditions set up with the deposit holder (one of the schemes I suspect) and negotiate what is to be paid for. Until you do this the Landlord does not have the deposit in his pocket and neither do you.
    Read up on how to object and negotiate. It won't be wasted time - it is a life skill.........

Your personal circumstances about next rental are irrelevant here.

Leave a comment:

• michelle85
    started a topic LL wont return deposit

LL wont return deposit

Hi we moved out of our old property in April the landlord, I met the landlors on the day we were leaving for him to check the property and he we agreed that 2 of the carpets needed cleaning and he said that was all everythign else was fine. We signed to say we both agreed that this was ok.
    I had a text from him a couple of days later saying either he would get quotes or I could get them done which I got a qoute and was told would be £50 sent the landlord a message saying this and he ignored and just replied saying the front garden needed done, I said to him he agreed that everything else was fine and ever since then he has ignored me he sent me one message saying it cost £150 to get the carpets done and £100 to get the garden done. The garden has been done but it has been all dug up all round the edges fresh mud and everything it wasnt like that when we moved in it was full of weeds which i got rid of.
    I asked a neighbour that i seen when i was out and she said he actually done the garden him self didnt pay anyone to do it.
    I have tried putting a claim for my deposit taking £50 which I had told him I could get the carpets done for he rejectd wanting to take £250 out so rejected that, I then put a claim in disputing the £200 to use the adr service but he is refusing to use them aswell.
    My deposit is £595 and need it back as I had to borrow money for rent in advance in new property. Can anyone help on what I can do next

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X