X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will s21 affect s8 hearing?

hi

i have an s8 hearing hearing next week

am i permitted to serve an 21 today, just in case the hearing goes against me

or will the serving of the s21 affect the s8 in some way?

thanks

You can serve either notice without affecting the other, or both in one go at the same time again without one affecting the other.

If you serve a S21, make sure you get the correct a or b form.

Comment

Originally posted by davidjohnbutton View Post
      If you serve a S21, make sure you get the correct a or b form.
      This means a form under either:
      i. section 21(1)(b); or
      ii. section 21(4)(a).
      However, some published forms will suffice in both cases (with appropriate textual insertions and deletions).
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Rent Apportioning
        by ash72
        The calculation should be (monthly rent *12/365 * No. of days) to get the right cost per day.
        23-07-2021, 14:40 PM
      • Rent Apportioning
        by London87
        I have a query in respect to apportioning of rent.

If a tenant services notice to terminate the tenancy agreement under a break clause and the notice expires at a random day in the month - i.e. not at the end of the monthly rental period; will in this case the rent due for the last period...
        23-07-2021, 11:13 AM
        by London87
        I understand the logic to pro-rate rent already paid when the notice is given during mid-month but the situation is different. In this case the notice to terminate was given 2+ months before expiry of the tenancy. So before the start of the last rental period (rent monthly payable in advance), it is...
        23-07-2021, 14:36 PM
      • Reply to Capital Gains Tax - do I need an accountant?
        by plgeorgiev
        Property tax and in general all tax has always been complicated to me, so I prefer letting my accountant care for these things.
        In regard to Capital gains, because I'm a foreigner I found an Irish based tax agent that prepares tax returns internationally and they saved me a lot of time and money....
        23-07-2021, 14:14 PM
      • Capital Gains Tax - do I need an accountant?
        by zoreh
        Hi, i’m wondering whether it’s necessary to use an accountant to calculate CGT and submit it on HMRC website. I’m aware of the CGT rate and allowance, so can easily figure out the capital gains. I have also kept a list of the financial costs, conveyancing and other costs related to purchasing...
        21-07-2021, 11:49 AM
        by ash72
        You should not agree a random date to end the tenancy, it should finish on the day before the rent is due, as long as the correct notice has been given. It would then be at your discretion to then apportion the rent if you wanted to.
        23-07-2021, 12:20 PM
        by MdeB
        As I understand it, the general principle is that rent is paid in advance for the month. If tenant chooses not to use the whole month, then they are not entitled to a refund.
        23-07-2021, 11:28 AM
      • Reply to Buying a UK Property as a holiday house, Short term rental options
        by Lawcruncher
        A significant flaw in your plan is that you want to use the property in June, July and August and the only possible lettings are holiday lettings when the popular months will be June, July and August.

Apart from that, if you want a flat there are all the snags (understatement!) associated...
        23-07-2021, 09:25 AM
      • Buying a UK Property as a holiday house, Short term rental options
        by Kangaroos77
        HI, I am a UK ex-pat living overseas and am considering buying an apartment in the UK when I retire for two purposes. One as a summer house to spend July, Aug, September in, and also to give my partner a UK base to make it easy for her if she decides that on my death she wishes to return to the UK....
        22-07-2021, 07:01 AM
      • Reply to Rent payment after S21 ends
        by Bob Biscuits
        Yes, hopefully it won't go that far as the council aren't aware that our S21 is not valid, and if/when it gets as far as court I will tell the court/letting agent that fact and it will buy us another few months, hopefully in which time we will find somewhere....
        23-07-2021, 08:17 AM
      Working...
      X