Why issue an S21 at start of tenancy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know but s8 ground 10 is discretionary, and possession can be extended if granted anyhow. I am unsure to how successful i will be if I go down this path?

Comment

Originally posted by David TFP View Post
      Section 8 notices can be used the minute there is any rent arrears (ground 10) and the "enough" rent arrears refers to ground 8. It is easy to confuse section 8 and ground 8.
      Not quite. If rent is payable weekly/fortnightly/monthly, "arrears" is irrelevant- focus instead on the rent unpaid, as that's quite different.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Nessa, your original S21 seems valid, providing you can prove to the courts satisfaction that...

The s21 was issued AFTER the current tenancy agreement was signed
        The s21 was issued AFTER the deposit was protected
        The s21 was issued AFTER the prescribed information was given

Comment

Many, many thanks Snorkerz.

So even if I dont send a letter saying I want to end the tenancy when the tenancy term finishes until say this Wednesday the 25th, containing a copy of the s21 given at the start of the tenancy, I can still ask them to leave on the 15 October, provided I can prove all you have mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by nessa View Post
            Many, many thanks Snorkerz.

So even if I dont send a letter saying I want to end the tenancy when the tenancy term finishes until say this Wednesday the 25th, containing a copy of the s21 given at the start of the tenancy, I can still ask them to leave on the 15 October, provided I can prove all you have mentioned?
            You don't need to do anything else, but I would send them a letter with the copy of the Sec 21(get proof of posting) stating your intentions.

Although legal, a Sec 21 at the start of tenancy does not tell a tenant that you will be ending their fixed term.
            Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Several largely similar questions on separate threads have been merged into this thread (hence the repetitive nature of answers).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X