Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deposit

Hi,

Would just like to know where I stand with this please. I have applied to get my deposit back through the deposit protection service, and as yet the letting agent has not responded. I have also emailed the letting agent asking if they can deal with this as soon as possible - no reply.

Just wondering where I go from here, what else can I do to get my deposit back?

(no issues with the property that I am aware of, check out was completed with the agent and no problems).

Any advice appreciated.

Call the letting agent and ask?
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Write to the landlord, giving the agent 14 days to respond to the DPS. Tell him/her that if they don't, you will file a court claim.

If they don't, then sue the landlord for return of the deposit. You can do this quite easily at http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk If you have to pay fees (google ex160) and you win, the landlord will be ordered to refund them to you. Include in your claim that you want the judge to order the DPS to return the money to you.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to solicitors fees
        by Hudson01
        We all understand that they are not known for their charitable nature...... but 9k !!!! As has been said, ask for a detailed breakdown of exactly how they have spent a weeks worth of time (avrg 48hr week) to deal with this simple (non contested) S21....... Wow
        30-07-2021, 11:00 AM
      • solicitors fees
        by rob1648
        Hi all , finally managed to get my tenant evicted after 18 months of hell using high court bailiffs , house now sold so happy days, we tried initially to do the section 21ourselves but made mistakes which citizens advice happily pointed out to our tenant so we decided to use a solicitor to act for us...
        29-07-2021, 15:19 PM
        by Section20z
        It's not just the hours don't forget, it takes six years training to learn how to inflate fees like that...
        30-07-2021, 10:45 AM
      • Reply to Help! Sub tenant with no contract eviction rights
        by Yasmenaax
        Appreciate the clarification, I did do a lot of digging around after you first mentioned exclusive occupation into the laws regarding this so I definitely understand your point there now. And as far as I can tell from that, my being here should constitute the requirements of a (sub)tenancy.
        30-07-2021, 10:35 AM
      • Help! Sub tenant with no contract eviction rights
        by Yasmenaax
        Hi there,

I moved into a property 2-3 months ago which was subletted to me by a girl named on the main tenancy contract of the property. I handed over a deposit (which is currently unprotected) and have paid rent on time. She today decided to give me notice to leave, giving me only 2 weeks...
        29-07-2021, 02:19 AM
        by ash72
        It is a tad high, unless you get a breakdown of the costs it's just people speculating, as it could be Letters to the T, they could have tried mediation. Most important thing is you've got the property back and your out of the game. Just make sure you CCJ put against the T (you can do it yourself M...
        30-07-2021, 10:14 AM
        by KTC
        Probably £160 + VAT per hour. Still like 47 hours though.

+1

An hour initial meeting, half an hour for the s21, a few hours for the claims paperwork, and total a few hours warrants etc. Ten hours, fifteen maybe we say?...
        30-07-2021, 10:02 AM
        by jpucng62
        They have to reread the paperwork every time the pick it up because things take so long & they forget what the case is about!!...
        30-07-2021, 09:51 AM
      • Reply to Help - evicted tenant leaves a nasty surprise behind
        by jpucng62
        Pay as you go meters will not reduce the value of the property and some tenants like them as it helps them to budget.

When one is fitted to a property any credit added to it (usually now done online) will partly put credit on for usage and will partly pay off the debt. If you or your next...
        30-07-2021, 09:50 AM
      • Help - evicted tenant leaves a nasty surprise behind
        by nreid
        My tenant was evicted back in April of this year after a lengthy period.
        Besides this trauma, the problems continue.

My new agent has emptied the letterbox and found a number of concerning items. One is the matter of a court summons for unpaid council tax. I have since taken over...
        29-07-2021, 20:21 PM
      Working...
      X