Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deposit

Hi,

Would just like to know where I stand with this please. I have applied to get my deposit back through the deposit protection service, and as yet the letting agent has not responded. I have also emailed the letting agent asking if they can deal with this as soon as possible - no reply.

Just wondering where I go from here, what else can I do to get my deposit back?

(no issues with the property that I am aware of, check out was completed with the agent and no problems).

Any advice appreciated.

Call the letting agent and ask?
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Write to the landlord, giving the agent 14 days to respond to the DPS. Tell him/her that if they don't, you will file a court claim.

If they don't, then sue the landlord for return of the deposit. You can do this quite easily at http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk If you have to pay fees (google ex160) and you win, the landlord will be ordered to refund them to you. Include in your claim that you want the judge to order the DPS to return the money to you.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X