Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unable to get hold of my tenants

Dear All,

I have arranged for the annual gas & safety check up last year (sept09) and have forwarded my tenant phone number to the comapny with their aggrement so that they give access to the engineer. I have asked both parties to get in touch with me if there were any problems. No contacts were made from either side , so I assumed that there were no problems. My credit card was charged for the amount.

I met with my tenants on 3 May this year for few issues. One was a leaking tap( I mange the property). They then mentioned to me because they were reminded about " taps" ,that the engineer never came. I obviously was superised & asked them why they never told me before & left it until 10 months later to let me know.

I contacted the company again and they are happy for the job to be done. The problem is that neither me nor the comapny are able to get hold of her.

In my pursuit of her, I called her place of worh & they told me she left work few months ago.( I happened to ask her in 3 May whether she was still at work & she told me yes. I also discoverd by chance that she told the council that she was living on her own, which was not true. They admitted to that.

My questions are
    1. How much notice do I give before I can give access to the engineer. I have left mesage on her mobile, send an e-mail. No response.

2. Does she have an obilgation to tell me when she left her place of work.

3. I find it diffuclt to trust what she tells me. Should I be looking to terminate the contract on the basis that they are not relaible, do not tell me the truth, and costing me a lot of time to keep chasing them up.

Many thanks for you all

Forget to say that they(she & partner) are late paying rent. I have to chase that up. they tell me that they have no funds but on 2 occasions when they have not paid, thet were going away on Holiday. So they choose to go on holiday rather than pay the rent. When I mention that they respond by saying they have booked the holiday a long time ago

Comment

Originally posted by precious View Post
      My questions are
      1. How much notice do I give before I can give access to the engineer. I have left mesage on her mobile, send an e-mail. No response.
      It's inadvisable to enter without the express consent of the T. To protect yourself against allegations of failing to comply with gas safety regs, you must make three written requests for access; keep copy letters, and get a *free* certificate of posting to prove delivery (do not use signed-for service, as these can go undelivered).

2. Does she have an obilgation to tell me when she left her place of work.
      No.

3. I find it diffuclt to trust what she tells me. Should I be looking to terminate the contract on the basis that they are not relaible, do not tell me the truth, and costing me a lot of time to keep chasing them up.
      When does/did the fixed term end? How many months' rent is owing and unpaid? (N.B. not the same as arrears).

Comment

Originally posted by precious View Post

My questions are
        I would contact without the use of technology. Put a letter through her letterbox.
        Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint View Post
          I would contact without the use of technology. Put a letter through her letterbox.
          Merely putting a letter through her letter box is futile unless you have some proof that you did so. That is why westminster advised OP to use the postal service and to keep the certificates of postage.

Emails can at least be proved to have been sent and received.

'the saint' : given that so much of the 'advice' you give has to be gone through 'with a fine toothcomb' (because it needs correcting or amending), please remove your signature comment, which is offensive. We are not stalkers; we are simply trying to ensure that people who visit the site are not misinfomed/ill-advised.
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Estate Agent fees
            by philg
            very reasonable , some pay a lot more than this . i am just about to rent out a house , let only . i will be paying 75% of first months rent plus inventory fee to the estate agent...
            16-04-2021, 18:01 PM
          • Estate Agent fees
            by Affinity
            Hi.
            I need to find a new tenant for my one bedroom flat. As I have a new job and have little time to find tenants etc I have approached an estate agent.
            Does it sound reasonable to you getting charged 9 per cent +vat monthly for the management of the property (which also includes fee...
            15-04-2021, 21:39 PM
          • Reply to New House Is Filthy and Scruffy
            by philg
            so you signed the tenancy and then received the inventory which i take it you have not signed ? I would think they are jointly liable as they ahve not done what they have said and you are unhappy with it. it is not your responsibility , they should make it a nice place which is habitable . last year...
            16-04-2021, 17:55 PM
          • New House Is Filthy and Scruffy
            by emkat11
            Hi, I’m a new tenant and was just looking on some perspective.

I signed for a property via a Lettings agent recently, I was told upon signing the inventory showed some cleaning discrepancies however I don’t mind cleaning so was happy to proceed. I’d had a viewing and was told everywhere...
            16-04-2021, 17:46 PM
          • Reply to Sink blocked for almost 3 weeks
            by philg
            not too long ago i had a bath that would not empty , tried the usual sink unblockers to no avail. had to take all the drainage apart and clean it out ... it was old grouting that had blocked it and only physically cleaning it did the job . the op is quite right to inform the landlord and lets hope they...
            16-04-2021, 17:40 PM
          • Sink blocked for almost 3 weeks
            by sushi
            My kitchen sink has been blocked for almost 3 weeks.

The landlord/agent has been dragging his feet getting a plumber out and when someone did come, they confirmed my suspicions that it's something more just needing to pour some unblocker down (this is why I haven't called someone out myself...
            13-04-2021, 18:06 PM
          • Reply to Options if eviction ban is not lifted
            by nukecad
            Thanks jpkeates,

I was't sure at all how already having an existing PO and trying to start a new eviction process would work.
            But suspected that it wouldn't work. or would cause problems.
            16-04-2021, 17:24 PM
          • Options if eviction ban is not lifted
            by Perce
            Hello All

I am waiting for an eviction ban to be lifted but as time goes I lose hope that it will happen in the near future or ever. What then are our options to get our property back if the tenant never moves out ? My tenant won’t move out until bailiffs evict him. I have PO based...
            16-04-2021, 10:07 AM
          • Reply to Sink blocked for almost 3 weeks
            by Codger
            Usually heat is the best unblocker as it melts the fat. I get it dry then add boiling water from the kettle. But it wont melt candle wax.
            most plumbers would dismantle a sink waste pipe if theycouldnot unblock it.
            16-04-2021, 17:16 PM
          • Reply to Question about rented house extension
            by Neelix
            hit, nail and head.

I think the OP needs to have a clear mind about what they want to do and apply for planning ..............
            16-04-2021, 17:07 PM
          Working...
          X