What is correct form for S8 on Grounds 14

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What is correct form for S8 on Grounds 14

    Dear Forum

    Is the correct form an N5 or is there other form to do.

    There ae two parts of the fom I dont know how to fill in.

    Demotion of tenancy? The tenant has only been in property for 9 weeks, so do I tick this box or leave blank - hes on a AST.

    The form also has a section saying tha the claim will be heard on ................. I clearly dont believe I can make a date, this must be something for the court clerk.

    Any help would be welcome as trying to get one issue resolved.

    Many thanks for all your help, which has recently resulted in me getting some money back via the Small Claims - cheers, can now book a holiday.

    Ignore 'demotion'. It applies only to certain Local Authority lettings.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).


      Also use form N119
      PAUL GIBBS, solicitor, Jacobs & Reeves. My comments on this forum are correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. No responsibility or liability is accepted by reason of reliance upon such comments. This disclaimer would not apply to direct clients of Jacobs & Reeves where there is a valid retainer in place and I would be happy to confirm any advice if formally instructed. . Jacobs & Reeves now offer a fixed fee possession service.


      Latest Activity


      • Advice for tenant asked for big rent rise
        by Renterthedragon
        I’m a tenant facing a sharp rent increase and in need of advice.

        I have a good landlord who agreed to a rent reduction last year because of ongoing maintenance issues and lower market values. However, I can only communicate with them through an agency.

        Approaching the end...
        18-05-2022, 22:10 PM
      • Reply to notifying utility companies of tenant change
        by ash72
        I've not found any short-cuts, as each company has their own quirks on dealing with this. It usually takes a couple of calls to a customer services person to provide the information, due to GDPR they wont say anything about the exiting T.

        Some Councils, seem to have an online form you can...
        18-05-2022, 21:21 PM
      • notifying utility companies of tenant change
        by flyingfreehold
        Does anyone have a shortcut? Right now we seem to have to hang on interminably long on the phone to provide details of leaver readings, put the account back in landlords name and then to provide new tenants' details when the place is re-let. Anyone know of a shortcut? We used to send out letters but...
        18-05-2022, 21:10 PM
      • Reply to Single parent renting
        by Hooper
        I am not sure that it will make her feel any better but I suspect that the children are more of an issue than being a single mum. Friends of mine have been rejected from every family size house they have applied to. They are high earning professionals with decent references and ... two young kids 2...
        18-05-2022, 20:28 PM
      • Single parent renting
        by Dct
        A friend of mine who is a single parent with three children is trying to find a house to rent. She has three children and recieves UC mainly to help with childcare costs, but despite viewing several houses and showing interest and showing she is more than able to pay rent, she has been turned down and...
        18-05-2022, 16:32 PM
      • Reply to Single parent renting
        by Hudson01
        This may just be one part of it, as ' ash72' states there are a lot less rental properties now (and it will get worse in the future), rents have sky rocketed and a LL can simply pick and choose the very very best tenant. It has become even more important than ever to get the right tenant, this is due...
        18-05-2022, 19:40 PM
      • Reply to Advice for tenant and section 8 counter claim
        by Hudson01
        As 'ash72' states you may be angry at the perceived way in which the landlord has treated you but do not mix the two up, If you wish to take on more stress after you have been evicted and may still be looking for a place to live...... which with a CCJ will be all but impossible, go ahead, but i would...
        18-05-2022, 19:14 PM
      • Advice for tenant and section 8 counter claim
        by Forgetmeknot
        I wondered if anyone can tell me if it is possible to counter claim for damage, harassment, poss landlord breach in contract and emotional distress in a section 8 eviction.
        so basically I’ve read online that i can claim for compensation which will go towards reducing my rent arrears but my solicitor...
        18-05-2022, 16:30 PM
      • Reply to Let a house to local council
        by ram
        If you are in flats, with service charges, the buildings insurance for residential Landlords insurance ( the Landlord of the freehold, that insures the building ) The insurance company may well cease immediately the insurance coverage.

        It happend to our block of flats ( I was the Co. Sec,
        18-05-2022, 18:54 PM
      • Let a house to local council
        by r3drum

        Have a property which is currently marketed for rent ( 2 bedroom - fully renovated ). Been about 3 weeks and not had much interest shown.

        Anyone got information or first hand knowledge around renting the property to the local councils or any other authorities which guarantee...
        20-11-2019, 11:58 AM