Clear All

• Twohoots
    replied
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Lawcruncher
    replied
    Originally posted by Twohoots View Post
    ...the notes which accompany this Agreement say "Please note you do not need to complete this section, and you may delete it. If no date is inserted, the tenancy will simply continue indefinitely as indicated by the following para of the agreement."

The para. mentioned reads " OR the tenancy shall terminate upon either party serving upon the other the required statutory notice. If there is no fixed period specified, the tenancy shall be a periodid tenancy governed by the frequency of the rent payments as stipulated above."
    Going by the above, I think the best thing you can do is to study the agreement carefully with the benefit of the notes. When you have done that, set fire to both and scatter the ashes to the wind so that all trace is lost to the benefit of mankind.

Leave a comment:

• jeffrey
    replied
    Never state an end date. Always state only the start date ("On and from xxx") and term.
    Delete the 'end date' section which the side-note mentions.

Leave a comment:

• Twohoots
    started a topic Assured Shorthold Tenancy (fixed term)

Assured Shorthold Tenancy (fixed term)

Phew! On the last leg of my first "letting". Have got a AST all drawn up and am pondering over whether to put a date in for the Agreement to end. We did mention (verbally) that the tenancy would be for 6 months initially.

However, the notes which accompany this Agreement say "Please note you do not need to complete this section, and you may delete it. If no date is inserted, the tenancy will simply continue indefinitely as indicated by the following para of the agreement."

The para. mentioned reads " OR the tenancy shall terminate upon either party serving upon the other the required statutory notice. If there is no fixed period specified, the tenancy shall be a periodid tenancy governed by the frequency of the rent payments as stipulated above."

What should I do? What would be best?

Thanks in advance.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X