X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mind the gap
    replied
    Originally posted by tom999 View Post
    Write* to the ex-tenant; notifying her that the goods are available for collection for the next 30 days. After that, they will be disposed of.

* Send two copes of the letter by first class post (keeping proof of postage).
    I believe though that if you sell them and make a profit after expenses are deducted, the profit is owed to the tenant/lodger.

wanderingman : if you call her your 'late' tenant, it sounds as though she is dead

Leave a comment:

• tom999
    replied
    Write* to the ex-tenant; notifying her that the goods are available for collection for the next 30 days. After that, they will be disposed of.

* Send two copes of the letter by first class post (keeping proof of postage).

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    You may find this helpful:
    http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/uncollected_goods.htm

Leave a comment:

• wanderingman
    started a topic disposing of late tenants possesions

disposing of late tenants possesions

at end of January a person who was living with me and whom i wanted to leave, at last left my premises when i had certain repairs done which meant that i also had to leave my flat which is owned by a housing association, after about 2 and a half months i gathered a lot of her belongings and with the help of my son he delivered it to where she was supposed to be living, which turned out to be a caravan, she has had tenancy aggreement and did not pay rent to me but did help towards cost of gas and electicity etc, it is now 4 months since she left and i still have some belongings which are to big for me to send to her, it will need transport, i have told her that i want them out of my flat but nothing seems to be happening , how long can i give her to collect and if not can i legally dispose of them

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X