disposing of late tenants possesions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disposing of late tenants possesions

at end of January a person who was living with me and whom i wanted to leave, at last left my premises when i had certain repairs done which meant that i also had to leave my flat which is owned by a housing association, after about 2 and a half months i gathered a lot of her belongings and with the help of my son he delivered it to where she was supposed to be living, which turned out to be a caravan, she has had tenancy aggreement and did not pay rent to me but did help towards cost of gas and electicity etc, it is now 4 months since she left and i still have some belongings which are to big for me to send to her, it will need transport, i have told her that i want them out of my flat but nothing seems to be happening , how long can i give her to collect and if not can i legally dispose of them

You may find this helpful:
    http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/uncollected_goods.htm
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Write* to the ex-tenant; notifying her that the goods are available for collection for the next 30 days. After that, they will be disposed of.

* Send two copes of the letter by first class post (keeping proof of postage).
      The information in my posts is provided 'as is'. This is not intended to be legal advice. Legal or other professional advice should be sought before acting or relying on this information or any part of it. I will not be held responsible for loss or damage arising from errors in the information or the way in which a person uses the information on this . For more information on your query use the '' link at the top of this page. Agreements, Forms & Notices can be found .

Comment

Originally posted by tom999 View Post
        Write* to the ex-tenant; notifying her that the goods are available for collection for the next 30 days. After that, they will be disposed of.

* Send two copes of the letter by first class post (keeping proof of postage).
        I believe though that if you sell them and make a profit after expenses are deducted, the profit is owed to the tenant/lodger.

wanderingman : if you call her your 'late' tenant, it sounds as though she is dead
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X