Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange deposit question

Hello all,
    My LL decided to go it alone and ditch the letting agent, fair enough, a few months later LL decided to reduce rent, I said thank you very much. LL now I have moved out is saying he is taking off 6 months of rent reduction from deposit!!!?????
    I have an email stating he was reducing rent due to not having to pay agent fees, (I would never have agreed to reduction if he had stated it was to come off my deposit!)
    He is now claiming dilapidation to the flat too!! So I could end up with nothing from my deposit back and LL has warned me that I may end up owing!!!
    I left the flat in a good condition,
    how do I stand on this one?
    Can I ask for all of my deposit back?
    can he do this?

If you have it in writing that he has reduced the rent then he cannot claim this! Also did you have an inventory at the start of your tenancy? If not then he cannot make deductions for damages.

Write to your LL telling him that if he does not return your deposit in 7 days you will be taking him to small claims court!
    GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: I am a woman and am therefore prone to episodes of PMT... if you don't like what I have to say you can jolly well put it in your pipe and SMOKE IT!!

Oh and on a serious note... I am NOT a Legal person and therefore anything I post could be complete and utter drivel... but its what I have learned in the University called Life!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X