Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking were I stand

Hi all

I have been a tenant of a property for just short of 8years, but we have just given notice as we are moving to a bigger property.

The hse was sold after about 4 months of us moving into the property, with us as sitting tenants. The lady that brought the property has only visited the property twice during the 7 1/2 yrs, but she has now passed the property to her daughter, who has never seen the property. The condition of the hse was very poor when we moved in but we have decorated etc throughout and hope that we will be leaving the property in a lot better state for the new tenants.

It appears that the landlady is going to be using a letting agency to relet the hse and I believe they will be doing the handover.

I just wondered how we stand on getting the deposit returned in full. Obviously after nearly 8yrs the property (especially the carpets, that were in a filthy state to start with) has general wear and tear. I have the original inventory somewhere which clearly states the condition of the property, but since the LL has never seen the property and her mother only twice I'm quite concerned that we could be stung for unacceptable costs, plus our deposit isn't covered by dps.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Having the inventory will certainly help you, and given the length of time you've been there they should also account for fair wear and tear. I wouldn't worry about it too much, just make sure you stick to your guns if they have an issue.
    <a href="http://www.manchesterpropertygroup.co.uk/" target="_blank">Manchester letting agents</a>

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X