Possession Order but not Court Fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possession Order but not Court Fee

I have an Order for Possession from the court which includes an amount for rent arrears as well as the daily rate up to the time T vacates the property, but does not mention that the defendant pay my court fee (£100). Should the order include this (which the judge had allowed) or is it something that I should add when I have to enforce the order?

You should have asked for it but in any event it should have been in the pleadings if it was a S8 which includes N119 which asks for possession arrears and costs.

If you did it on PCOL send the court a memo - if not email the court concerned and point out the error.

Comment

Thanks, DJB, I claimed on s8 via PCOL and included in my witness statement a claim for court costs. At the hearing the Judge allowed my claim for £100 court fee but declined my other costs as LIP. I was given possession in 14 days with an order for rent arrears as mentioned above and court fee.

There are in fact three paragraphs in the order which states:

1. The defendant gives the claimant possession of (property address) on or before 7 June 2010.
      2. The defendant pay the claimant £XXXX.XX for rent arrears and £YY.YY per day from 15 May 2010, until possession of the property is given to the claimant.
      3. The defendant pay the total amount of £XXXX.XX to the claimant

It's the third paragraph that is confusing – the total amount stated there is exactly the same as the rent arrears figure in paragraph 2 (£XXXX.XX) and therefore seems inconsistent. I wonder if you can throw some light on this third paragraph before I raise the matter with the court about the fee if appropriate. Should this, for example, include the total costs including the court fee?

As a side issue, it has taken the court almost two weeks (admin backlog) to raise the 14 day possession order following my hearing on 10 May, which means that T has in effect been given 28 days from the hearing to vacate the property. I am concerned that any request for an amended order might delay things further.

Comment

You will not delay the possession order by raising a query about the non-inclusion of the court fee though that in itself might be academical depanding on your chances of recovery.

I looks to me like either the judge has missed it off completely or the clerk drafting the PO has misread his or her writing.

Query it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X