Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benefits T vacated but left belongings/rubbish

Hello all

i got the problem with my HB tenant . my tenant she doesn't live at the property since tenancy agreement expired . she left all the rubbish at the garden got the phone call from environmental health and i had moved all of it . And she left her belonging at the property . As i got confirm from Housing Benefit that she doesn't claim benefit at the property anymore. Yesterday i got phone call her want her belonging . today i had arrange her to collect her belonging and i left her for move her for 3 hr. when i come back to the property she goes and her belonging still at the property. she doesn't take anything out from the property at all . i have their parent contact but they don't want to get get involve . So i can't contact her at all as she always change her number .My question is

- Can i move her belonging out from the property and move on or do i have to apply to the court as i had give her S21 and was expired on 19 May .

or what should i do next ?

thank you for you help

On what date did the Tenancy Agreement's fixed term expire? Did T move-out before or on that day? And does she still owe any rent?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

thank for quick reply

Tenancy Agreement's fixed term expire on 19 Dec 09 . and she still owe the of 1300 pound . basically i give her S21 on 19 Dec 09 and that expire on 19 Feb but i found out later that S21 invalid so i give her another one on 19 March and and expire on 19 May . on March and April i got pay direct from HB but and they send the letter payment will be stop. As i call HB they said she doesn't live at the property anymore . while on this mess she doesn't live at the property at all . i would say she left before the tenancy expire . another thing i found out a lot of methadone bottle had left in the cupboard. what should i do the next ? as i feel very stressed with this mess from her .

thank again .

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Section 21 abolition - timetable
        by Hudson01
        I like the sound of the model in Scotland. I do agree that the EPC C is not yet law but i would be amazed if it did not come in, i am hoping for a change in the way in which electrically heated properties are viewed (mine are this way), if not then my properties will never achieve a C and i will be...
        19-10-2021, 10:00 AM
      • Section 21 abolition - timetable
        by Kape65
        I know that abolishing Section 21 is not yet a done deal but is looking likely. Do we know when the governments white paper is likely to show it's face and how long after that before we will not be able to use Section 21 ( a crystal ball question I know ). I'm hoping to repossess at least one more property...
        18-10-2021, 14:30 PM
      • Reply to Can I use an Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement for a 2 month rental?
        by Hooper
        No it doesn't require any contract for holiday lets. It does require minimum 6 month for the AST. It also differentiates between AST tenants and holiday let tenants in that AST tenants need to be professionals - holiday lets do not have the same requirements....
        19-10-2021, 09:57 AM
      • Can I use an Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement for a 2 month rental?
        by stanleyman
        Hi! I would like to rent out the flat I own on a short-term 2 month basis. My freeholder permits me to have an Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement so I would like to get one in place for my guest and then buy appropriate landlord insurance to cover me for public liability, personal injury, damage to...
        16-10-2021, 10:42 AM
      • Reply to Rent Increase
        by jpkeates
        It's increasingly difficult for me to get any kind of feel for what the market rent for a property might be.

There are no properties available to rent that are similar to mine in the areas that I let.
        The few that do appear vanish in hours and have rents that seem pretty random to...
        19-10-2021, 09:52 AM
      • Rent Increase
        by TREK
        I am a landlord and have been letting a property out to tenants for £600 PCM for 4 years with no rent increases, i have not had my eye on the ball for 18 months and have just found out that very similar properties in the area are going for £800 PCM. What is the maximum i could raise the rent at the...
        18-10-2021, 17:22 PM
      • Reply to Cakes and wear and tear!
        by landlord-man
        You say there are less people in the property now - so a bit of extra use of the oven isn't going to amount to much - think what wear and tear you've saved on everything else.

However, I would check Insurance to ensure your Tenant is permitted to run a business from the property. Also ensure...
        19-10-2021, 09:48 AM
      • Cakes and wear and tear!
        by Borisko
        Ok this is a tricky one i'm sure as I'm at a loss! So, my tenant wants to bake a few cakes part time at my property. She is in full time employment but now on her own and needs some extra income. she's done ok for friends and wants do it legitimately. However my concern is wear and tear on oven etc...
        19-10-2021, 09:40 AM
      • Reply to Rent Increase
        by landlord-man
        That's one way to look at it lol

I would look at it that I would be charging EXACTLY THE SAME as every other similar property in the area as that is the MARKET RATE for that property.

Yes, I'd use the money to enjoy a few nice holidays - or to maintain the property to a high...
        19-10-2021, 09:41 AM
      • Reply to Can I use an Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement for a 2 month rental?
        by stanleyman
        Thankyou. For the holiday lets does your insurance company require you to have some sort of contract in place with your guests ? If so what contract do you use?...
        19-10-2021, 09:40 AM
      Working...
      X