Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I missed anything?

Hi Guys,

Im hoping to rent my house out in about a months time, depending on how the purchase of my new house goes. Im just checking really that i have everything covered now, so i wont have to rush nearer the time. I will explain what i have;

Letter from my mortgage company giving permission to let
    Gas/Boiler certificate
    Landlord Insurance
    EPG certificate.
    Electrician certificate.

Have i missed anything?

Thanks

Matt

is your house being offered furnished? All soft furniture must comply with fire & furnishings regs.

the "gas/boiler certificate" - you do mean a Landlords Gas Safety Certificate?

Is an agent handling things for you or will you be letting it privately?

Comment

Nope im letting it out unfurnished, apart from a wardrobe or two.Which i believe are both fine for regs.

Yes i have a landlord gas certificate and i will be renting the house out privately.

Obviously i need to sort a tennancy agreement out but i am in the process of doing that with my solicitor.

Comment

I found this on the Shelter website the other day, it's a good check list.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...ing_a_landlord

Comment

Is your ownership of the house freehold or long-leasehold?
          JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
          4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

The house is freehold.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Mug View Post
              I found this on the Shelter website the other day, it's a good check list.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...ing_a_landlord
              It's a very good check list, but noticeably thin on the bit about getting tenant references (unsurprising, given that Shelter is tenant-oriented, and not about helpful hints for landlords). The landlord-oriented version would say:

It's essential to get thorough credit and reference checks carried out on a prospective tenant. Be cautious of anything which doesn't add up, and trust your gut instinct if it says no. Don't buy sob stories, and ignore any urge to 'help' the prospective tenant. Don't agree to let them redecorate. Get a guarantor if necessary, and make sure the deed of guarantee is properly executed. Don't hand over the keys until you have received at least a month's rent in advance and a deposit in cleared funds. Get a professional inventory check-in carried out at the start of the tenancy, signed by the tenant, to ensure that you have the necessary evidence should it be necessary to claim against the tenant for damage.

Et cetera.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X