Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I missed anything?

Hi Guys,

Im hoping to rent my house out in about a months time, depending on how the purchase of my new house goes. Im just checking really that i have everything covered now, so i wont have to rush nearer the time. I will explain what i have;

Letter from my mortgage company giving permission to let
    Gas/Boiler certificate
    Landlord Insurance
    EPG certificate.
    Electrician certificate.

Have i missed anything?

Thanks

Matt

is your house being offered furnished? All soft furniture must comply with fire & furnishings regs.

the "gas/boiler certificate" - you do mean a Landlords Gas Safety Certificate?

Is an agent handling things for you or will you be letting it privately?

Comment

Nope im letting it out unfurnished, apart from a wardrobe or two.Which i believe are both fine for regs.

Yes i have a landlord gas certificate and i will be renting the house out privately.

Obviously i need to sort a tennancy agreement out but i am in the process of doing that with my solicitor.

Comment

I found this on the Shelter website the other day, it's a good check list.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...ing_a_landlord

Comment

Is your ownership of the house freehold or long-leasehold?
          JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
          4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

The house is freehold.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Mug View Post
              I found this on the Shelter website the other day, it's a good check list.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...ing_a_landlord
              It's a very good check list, but noticeably thin on the bit about getting tenant references (unsurprising, given that Shelter is tenant-oriented, and not about helpful hints for landlords). The landlord-oriented version would say:

It's essential to get thorough credit and reference checks carried out on a prospective tenant. Be cautious of anything which doesn't add up, and trust your gut instinct if it says no. Don't buy sob stories, and ignore any urge to 'help' the prospective tenant. Don't agree to let them redecorate. Get a guarantor if necessary, and make sure the deed of guarantee is properly executed. Don't hand over the keys until you have received at least a month's rent in advance and a deposit in cleared funds. Get a professional inventory check-in carried out at the start of the tenancy, signed by the tenant, to ensure that you have the necessary evidence should it be necessary to claim against the tenant for damage.

Et cetera.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Single parent renting
                by Hooper
                I am not sure that it will make her feel any better but I suspect that the children are more of an issue than being a single mum. Friends of mine have been rejected from every family size house they have applied to. They are high earning professionals with decent references and ... two young kids 2...
                18-05-2022, 20:28 PM
              • Single parent renting
                by Dct
                A friend of mine who is a single parent with three children is trying to find a house to rent. She has three children and recieves UC mainly to help with childcare costs, but despite viewing several houses and showing interest and showing she is more than able to pay rent, she has been turned down and...
                18-05-2022, 16:32 PM
              • Reply to Single parent renting
                by Hudson01
                This may just be one part of it, as ' ash72' states there are a lot less rental properties now (and it will get worse in the future), rents have sky rocketed and a LL can simply pick and choose the very very best tenant. It has become even more important than ever to get the right tenant, this is due...
                18-05-2022, 19:40 PM
              • Reply to Advice for tenant and section 8 counter claim
                by Hudson01
                As 'ash72' states you may be angry at the perceived way in which the landlord has treated you but do not mix the two up, If you wish to take on more stress after you have been evicted and may still be looking for a place to live...... which with a CCJ will be all but impossible, go ahead, but i would...
                18-05-2022, 19:14 PM
              • Advice for tenant and section 8 counter claim
                by Forgetmeknot
                I wondered if anyone can tell me if it is possible to counter claim for damage, harassment, poss landlord breach in contract and emotional distress in a section 8 eviction.
                so basically I’ve read online that i can claim for compensation which will go towards reducing my rent arrears but my solicitor...
                18-05-2022, 16:30 PM
              • Reply to Let a house to local council
                by ram
                If you are in flats, with service charges, the buildings insurance for residential Landlords insurance ( the Landlord of the freehold, that insures the building ) The insurance company may well cease immediately the insurance coverage.

It happend to our block of flats ( I was the Co. Sec,
                18-05-2022, 18:54 PM
              • Let a house to local council
                by r3drum
                Guys

Have a property which is currently marketed for rent ( 2 bedroom - fully renovated ). Been about 3 weeks and not had much interest shown.

Anyone got information or first hand knowledge around renting the property to the local councils or any other authorities which guarantee...
                20-11-2019, 11:58 AM
              • Reply to Advice for tenant and section 8 counter claim
                by theartfullodger
                'phone Shelter 0808 800 4444 for advice.
                18-05-2022, 18:31 PM
              • Reply to Is my estate agent misleading me?
                by abimsalabim
                As I said in the original post, the deposit is NOT in a Tenancy Deposit Scheme but, instead is being held directly by the Agent....
                18-05-2022, 18:31 PM
              • Is my estate agent misleading me?
                by abimsalabim
                I am a Landlord and I have a company tenancy which has now come to an end. I did a check-in inventory before the tenant moved in and I have done a check-out inventory now that they have moved out, and there are damages to my property by the tenant. The deposit is being held by the agent and is not in...
                18-05-2022, 14:15 PM
              Working...
              X