X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bailiffs

hi all

i was granted my possession order, the tenant has to leave tomo

what form do i need to fill in to instruct the bailiffs?

can this be done online?

how long should it take?

thanks in advance

Here's the form
    http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/H...t_forms_id=562

Search the forum for "N325" for more info.

Comment

n325 bailiffs

hi

thanks, i'm filling it in now!

several questions please:
      for part 2: name and address for service and payment - is this the address of the tenant? or my office address?

for part 4: balance due at date of request - do i need to fill this in? its an s21 so i'm not after rent arrears

it asks for a land registry fee - do i need to supply a land registry to prove i am the landlord?

the issue fee is £95 right?

how long will if take for the bailiff to come and do their stuff?

can i give the bailiff a key to open the tenant's door?

what happens to the tenant's belongings? can he take them and sell them to cover the court costs?

please reply asap so i can serve it to the court tomo morning

all replies would be v welcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by Evergreen View Post
        hi

thanks, i'm filling it in now!

several questions please:
        for part 2: name and address for service and payment - is this the address of the tenant? or my office address? Your address
        for part 4: balance due at date of request - do i need to fill this in? its an s21 so i'm not after rent arrears leave it blank

it asks for a land registry fee - do i need to supply a land registry to prove i am the landlord? leave it blank

the issue fee is £95 right? yes

how long will if take for the bailiff to come and do their stuff? depends on their backlog - you can phone after you have lodged your application to get an idea - probably 4-6 weeks

can i give the bailiff a key to open the tenant's door?

what happens to the tenant's belongings? can he take them and sell them to cover the court costs? unlikely. If the tenant leaves any belongings then you cannot simply dispose of them. Search on the forum for abandonment of property, or bailee for further info.
        please reply asap so i can serve it to the court tomo morning

all replies would be v welcome!!

See above in red
        PAUL GIBBS, solicitor, Jacobs & Reeves. My comments on this forum are correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. No responsibility or liability is accepted by reason of reliance upon such comments. This disclaimer would not apply to direct clients of Jacobs & Reeves where there is a valid retainer in place and I would be happy to confirm any advice if formally instructed. . Jacobs & Reeves now offer a fixed fee possession service.

Comment

thanks, 2 more questions to conclude the warrant

for part 5, its asks to describe the land (as set out in the particulars of the claim)

what does this mean and what should i wirte?

if the bailiff turns up and cannot get into the property, can i give him the keys to get in?

Comment

You need to put the full address of the property, which should match the address as stated in the particulars of claim.

You can provide a key to the bailiffs on the day, however, presumably you are also going to arrange a locksmith to attend to change the locks?
            PAUL GIBBS, solicitor, Jacobs & Reeves. My comments on this forum are correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. No responsibility or liability is accepted by reason of reliance upon such comments. This disclaimer would not apply to direct clients of Jacobs & Reeves where there is a valid retainer in place and I would be happy to confirm any advice if formally instructed. . Jacobs & Reeves now offer a fixed fee possession service.

Comment

Originally posted by Evergreen View Post
              thanks, 2 more questions to conclude the warrant

for part 5, its asks to describe the land (as set out in the particulars of the claim)

what does this mean and what should i wirte?
              This is the address of the property you are repossessing

if the bailiff turns up and cannot get into the property, can i give him the keys to get in?
              Yes He is authorised to do this.

This is all subject to what Paul Gibbs may say as he knows much more about it than me!

P.P.
              Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

thanks

lets assume the tenant tries to be clever and changes the lock b4 hand

can we break the door down? or isnt this allowed?

or can we enter via the back window?

Comment

use the locksmith to drill the lock in the presence of the bailiff.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X