Deposit retained by Landlord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya

Thanks for your comments. This has now been made clear. Thanks also Westminster. I did read your comments and appreciate your answers, however I was confused because my rent is paid by the Council so I wasn't sure which dates would apply, the dates the Council pay me or as per the tenancy Agreement. The Council have clarified that it would go by the Tenancy Agreement.

Kind regards

Geraldine

Comment

No, the rent is not paid 'by the Council'.
      The rent is paid by your T. It might be from funds (HB/LHA) sourced from the Council or T might pay part/all in person.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by Gellybaby View Post
        I was confused because my rent is paid by the Council so I wasn't sure which dates would apply, the dates the Council pay me or as per the tenancy Agreement.
        Rental periods in a statutory periodic tenancy are calculated according to the frequency of rent payments under the terms of the contract (e.g. monthly, weekly), and the date the last fixed term contract ended.

So, if rent is due every calendar month, the rental periods are a calendar month long. And these month long periods begin on the day after the last fixed term contract ended.

This is all regardless of the date rent falls due, or the date you actually receive rental payments, whether direct from T or via the council - these are incidental facts which have no bearing on the rental periods.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X