Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding check out fees.

A clause in our agreement reads as follows;

2.5 To pay the cost of checking out the inventory at the end of the tenancy. A schedule of fees is available from the Landlord's agent upon request.

I specifically wish to know if this term could be classed as unfair? Obviously because the fee is not in any durable medium the fee could be shown to the tenant as £20.00 on the move in date and £20,000 pounds (granted I'm being flippant) on the check out date? There is an added complexity that the tenancy agreement is actually completely unsigned by either tenants or landlord, but the clause is more of a concern in itself.

There is a more complicated state of affairs behind the question, namely the tenant winning a CCJ and costs for misadvertisement of the property and issues such as one joint tenant never being given a key for the entire tenancy period, but I'm sure you have all heard similar stories before.

The landlord wished, prior to a letter before action to keep ''the whole deposit until the tenants agreed to allow the deductions'' (these are being disputed separately as the cleaning fees amount to betterment).

Thank you in advance!

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X