Sublet - Licence?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sublet - Licence?

I have rented one property on AST - 12 months. The property has 4 rooms and living room. I have subleted the property so there are 8 people living there at the moment. I am trying to find out where do I stand as far as the law is concerned. Do I need a special licence? Where can I get some info about this. Somone told me that the council can cause some problems if I do not get the licence. What is this all this fuss about the licence Am I am in any risk here? Please advise as not sure who to ask. The house hsa ground floor and the frist floor - two levels. I was informed that the licencing law onlhy applys to 3 story flats/house. Is this true?
    Regards Peter.

The easiest way to get an answer to this problem, is to ring the council. You do not have to give your real name. I rang mine and said I was thinking of buying a house with possible licence problems and could they advise me what the position would be. They were very helpful and did not ask for the address or any other details. ( I expect they have many landlords doing this!). That way you will be able to find out what your council are doing, as different councils seem to have different views.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X