no heat and hot water for over 6 weeks!!am i entilted to rent compensation???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best to define terms wherever possible, adding a default assumption.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
      ..and is that a lot relevant, a bit relevant, or just the usual irrelevance?
      It is relevant in the context of the debate about 'reasonableness'.

Context again, see!
      'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Only you believe that it's relevant. Lonely, is it?
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
          Only you believe that it's relevant. Lonely, is it?
          Me, and most other humans! So no, it isn't lonely. Kind of you to ask, though.
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Garage left filled with tenant's goods
            by Lawcruncher
            The agent has not thought this through. If you get an order for possession that will still leave you with the goods in the garage. An order is unnecessary. If the notice to quit was valid the tenancy has come to an end and you can enter. If the agreement says nothing about disposing of goods you have...
            21-01-2022, 12:44 PM
          • Garage left filled with tenant's goods
            by robbo2233
            Hi! Hoping the forum can advise me. We have a lock-up garage in a residential estate that had been let to an individual who ceased to pay monthly rental. Notice to quit was served by our letting agents Countrywide in October, and yet the tenant's goods still remain in situ. Agents have advised...
            20-01-2022, 21:31 PM
          • Reply to Auction or try to sell in an estate agent
            by jpucng62
            In this market I would definitely be trying to sell through an estate agent. Unless you are in a legal dispute the noisy neighbour does not need to be mentioned. The market is so hot now, that if you market it at a good price I am sure it will sell. If you go to auction I think you will lose a lot of...
            21-01-2022, 12:42 PM
          • Auction or try to sell in an estate agent
            by Prospero
            During the last year or so, the mental health has deteriorated of the neighbour to my rental property. Two tenants have moved out due to the noise made by this person. After the first tenant moved out last year, I tried to sell the property, but the buyer withdrew when they heard that my neighbour was...
            20-01-2022, 18:01 PM
          • Reply to Greetings, I Come in Peace
            by theartfullodger
            Me too, but like many I have a number of bank accounts. Suspect many landlords don't look and even if they do, don't understand how to see which sort of benefits are being paid......
            21-01-2022, 12:40 PM
          • Greetings, I Come in Peace
            by AVJ113
            Hello all, I am a prospective landlord. I will be arranging my first mortgage in principle today as a start to my evil buy-to-let empire. As a total newb, what would be the one piece of advice you would give after your years of experience as a landlord?
            20-01-2022, 07:24 AM
            by boletus
            Bank statements....
            21-01-2022, 12:36 PM
            by jpucng62
            You are buying the right to occupy that space for the number of years on the lease - nothing more!...
            21-01-2022, 12:35 PM
            by jpucng62
            People lazily refer to tenants 'on benefits' when what most really mean is people who do not work. As artful says many people have some sort of top up by the Govt - tax credits, child benefit, LHA - because their incomes are below the threshold set. If you remove all these people from your pool of tenants...
            21-01-2022, 12:34 PM
            by davetg
            " Is it wise to do restrict your market?" in my opinion yes - what is your experience and would you recommend to the OP that s/he accepts tenants on benefits?

Perhaps I should hare been clearer and said none working tenants on benefits, I do not have a problem with people working...
            21-01-2022, 12:33 PM
          Working...
          X