boiler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggested email because this is very urgent. Agreed that the official procedure is the "proper" way to go but this takes months. In my very recent experience with a council close to Mole's, just the words "official complaint" were enough to get things moving. You do of course then need to ring and ensure the email is opened! Also send a copy in the post and keep pestering.
    Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

hi, i went to the mp today.he has sent a fax to the housing manager along with some info on the council responsibillity from the shelter website!!!!
      i hope this does some good. i was supposed to go to the paper but by the time i had finished with the mp i had to pick nath up from nursery. iu think i will leave it till next week and if i hear no good news i am gonna see them

Comment

That's good. I think it may help - you will certainly be no worse off! Pls let us know next week.
        Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

hi,of course i will.
          how are you?
          at the end of the fax he put"do whatever you can to ensure mrs martin and her family are given priority for la/ha properties preferably before they get evicted" hopefully this might give us what we need

Comment

Mole, you must now (and in future if this happens again) clearly use the word 'complaint' in letters to any Local Authority. As one poster said, use it as a heading. I know from people I have in LAs, that particular word will generate a good response. If 'complaint' is not there, well.......it's just a letter.

Your LA should have a clearly stated procedure saying who to approach re: a complaint. Unfortunately, it won't be called a 'Complaints Department'. And even on LAs own websites, 'how to complain' section might be hard to find or useless.

You have been speaking to a person in a particular dept. Ask their title or job description. Ask who their boss is and that persons title. Ask who their boss is, etc. You will eventually arrive at a Services Manager , and that person will be one step down from the Chief Exec. That SM is probably the person you need to complain to.

If you don't get any satisfaction, the Ombudsman will need to see that you have gone through the Council's own procedure for complaints.

To summarise: use the word 'complaint', write to the departmental person who directly answers to the Chief Exec. Good luck

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X