I'm Honoured!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Honoured!

It was a year or so ago that disclaimers started to appear in the "signature blocks" of certain professional board members such as Paul F. I thought that this was an excellent idea so I wrote my own which appears below all my posts. I note that recently some other board members have decided to use my disclaimer, either in its original form or with minor modifications.

Thanks for the compliment everybody.

P.P.
    Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Good idea - is there an easy way of including a "signature block"?
    Disclaimer: What I say is either right or wrong. It may be advisable to check what I say with a solicitor. If he says I am right then I am right, unless he is wrong in which case I am wrong; but if he says I am wrong then I am wrong, unless he is wrong in which case I am right

Comment

Yes - go into your mailbox and then into Edit signature .. type what you want, save it and bingo - it appears on every post you write !

Originally posted by lawstudent
      Good idea - is there an easy way of including a "signature block"?
      Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

Thanks pippay
        Disclaimer: What I say is either right or wrong. It may be advisable to check what I say with a solicitor. If he says I am right then I am right, unless he is wrong in which case I am wrong; but if he says I am wrong then I am wrong, unless he is wrong in which case I am right

Comment

So what happens if neither of you are right? roflol !!

Originally posted by lawstudent
          Thanks pippay
          Any information or opinion given in this post is based only on my personal experience, what I have learned from this, other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person. E&OE

Comment

Originally posted by pippay
            So what happens if neither of you are right? roflol !!
            We ask Paul E to set us a quiz
            Disclaimer:I have over 30 years experience in housing(both social and private) as an EHO and Building Surveyor.I am also a certified expert witness having spent the last 15years working in housing litigation.The advice I give is from experience in working for various Local Authorities and how the law is interpretated.Housing Law is a minefield and is continually being amended if in any doubt you should consult a solicitor or someone of equal legal standing.

Comment

If you are claiming the honour you have to pay for it

Although I didn't copy the Pilcher signature I am willing to demean myself for money
              Vic - wicked landlord
              Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
              Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

Comment

Lawstudent, I am thinking along the lines of;
                Disclaimer: I am only a humble surveyor and what I say is probably right and wrong as I tend to sit on the fence - it may be advisable to obtain the advice of a litigation lawyer, but on the law of averages such lawyers get it right only 50% of the time. The Judge is always right, except when the appeal Judge decides he was wrong. So of all these highly qualified professionals the only one who is certain to have got it right is me, even if I got it wrong too.
                NOTE: Steven Palmer BSc (Hons) MRICS MBEng is an official LandlordZONE Topic Expert and a Director of Davisons Palmer Lim Any advice given by Steven in this Forum is of a general nature only and should not be acted upon without first obtaining advice specific to your problem/situation from a professional.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP
                  Lawstudent, I am thinking along the lines of;
                  Disclaimer: I am only a humble surveyor and what I say is probably right and wrong as I tend to sit on the fence - it may be advisable to obtain the advice of a litigation lawyer, but on the law of averages such lawyers get it right only 50% of the time. The Judge is always right, except when the appeal Judge decides he was wrong. So of all these highly qualified professionals the only one who is certain to have got it right is me, even if I got it wrong too.
                  Congratulations. This is quite the most cogent piece of reasoning I have seen on this forum for a long while. My only suggestion for improvement would be to avoid the "sitting on the fence" metaphor which could be worrying for potential clients who are concerned about the cost of fence repairs. How about, "What I say is both right and wrong because it is subject to such disclaimers (including this one) as to render it essentially devoid of meaning"?

Comment

Our current Prime Minister ignored International Law and invaded Iraq on false pretext.

Jonathan are you suggesting for this reason that tenant's and landlord's who are recorded on these forums as ignoring the law are budding Prime Ministers?

Are you suggesting that tenants or landlords venting their grievances on this pages reveal questionable compliance with the law are dodgy enough to become leaders of this Country
                    Vic - wicked landlord
                    Any advice or suggestions given in my posts are intended for guidance only and not a substitute for completing full searches on this forum, having regard to the advice of others, or seeking appropriate professional opinion.
                    Without Plain English Codes of Practice and easy to complete Prescribed Forms the current law is too complex and is thus neither fair to good tenants nor good landlords.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X