X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Claims Court - Only Work Address

HI

I have just had a tenant leave owing me 3 weeks rent
    I have emailed him a few times and he just keeps ignoring me.
    I was wondering if I can put a claim against him with his works address as he did not leave me a new address.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

John

Originally posted by RomansProperties View Post
    I was wondering if I can put a claim against him with his works address as he did not leave me a new address.
    Usual procedure is to use the home address but I think it can be done if you write to the court first and ask for permission, explaining your reasons.

At least, that's what I've done successfully in the past when applying for enforcement of a judgement via an Attachment of Earnings order; but possibly it's different for a new claim?

Comment

HI

I have just had a tenant leave owing me 3 weeks rent
      I have emailed him a few times and he just keeps ignoring me.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

John
      You can use his last-known-address for the claim, enforce the claim via either his bank account (3rd party debt order) or his employers (attachment of earnings).

DO NOT contact his employers before getting your judgement, but as Eric says, you can ask the court for permission to serve the notices on him at work.

Comment

You can't serve the claim by post at a work address, unless you get the court's permission to do so.

You can serve the claim in person, i.e. physically hand it to T. Hire a 'process server' to do this. Also note you couldn't use Money Claim Online; you'd have to get the claim issued at your local court, and tell them you want to serve the claim yourself.

The rules in full here.

Alternatively, you could try a tracing agent (use one which offers a no-find-no-fee deal). I've seen
        http://www.findermonkey.co.uk/tenant-tracing recommended by others (but have no personal experience of their service).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X