L out of Country, Can daughter/third party represent L for a new Let

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L out of Country, Can daughter/third party represent L for a new Let

L is out of the country (temporarily 3months)
    A new T is interested in property, can daughter of L act as an agent on behalf of the L?

In contract sign as agent but provide both agents and L's address (which are the same)?

As far as I can tell - its not mandatory for an agent to setup show without joining a body of some sort so L's daughter could act as an agent?

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
    L is out of the country (temporarily 3months)
    A new T is interested in property, can daughter of L act as an agent on behalf of the L?

In contract sign as agent but provide both agents and L's address (which are the same)?

As far as I can tell - its not mandatory for an agent to setup show without joining a body of some sort so L's daughter could act as an agent?
    She can sign on behalf of the landlord if she has permission.

Make sure the tenancy agreement states (on behalf) to avoid confusion.
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

The Letting Agreement should read something like "Mr A Father (per pro D. Aughter as agent only)", to avoid personal liability.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X