Self-management of BTL (dismiss Letting Agent)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bpascua
    started a topic Self-management of BTL (dismiss Letting Agent)

Self-management of BTL (dismiss Letting Agent)

Hello,

My name is Brian, I'm wanting to let my beautiful house out as I'm moving in with my girlfriend. It breaks my heart as I renovated it to the highest standards thinking I would live there forever - yada yada! that's life!

So in a few months I'm planning on moving out and trying to rent the place out. First off I'll be local so I'm happy to maintain the place and source tradesmen when I need to, so I'm thinking of using an estate agent simply to find me tenenats and check them out. The agent I have been speaking to charges 75% of the first months rent to source a tenant. In my case this would be about £900 which is a lot. What I'm worried about is that my tennants are moving out every 6 months so I end up paying out loads of cash to the agent. So my questions are as follows -

1. is it practical to find tennants yourself? adverts in papers etc...?

2. I have seen lots of places that do checks on tenants to make sure they are who they say they are - is there a good recomended company for this?

3. If I were to decide not to use an agent how would I go about getting a contract or tenancy agreement drawn up?

Please feel free to give me any advice as I'm new to all this.

Many Thanks

Brian

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X