Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News regs for electrics?

Hi
    I'm aware of new regs for electrical work in domestic properties ... however, is there due to be any changes coming in with respect to landlord's responsibilities in rented properties?
    Will we need to get an electrical safety certificate akin to the gas?
    What will be the criteria for existing tenancies etc?
    If so, when?
    Many thanks

As far as I know, there's nothing immediately in the pipeline; but I think you can bet your life that it will be happening at some point.

I reckon "They" are still far to busy trying to sort out the aftermath of the shambles of introducing the new Part P regs, of which you speak, to be worried about expanding it.

Comment

in response.

Eric is right... i have "word" through channels that the laws will change, but when? get a periodic inspection report by an approved contractor, NOT a domestic installer, done on your property(s) and you will be covered for whatever they bring in, and the pending homebuyers pack due to go live in june 2007. Part P is smoothing out, so "they" will think of another hole to fill.

They have just done HMO's, but i reckon they may add to that soon too.
      Regards
      Regards

Elektratek Ltd.

For information only. No responsability is taken for any actions performed by use of this posted message.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X