Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Please - Removal of Tenant after Section 21

Hello,

I'm not a professional landlord, we have used an agent to rent our property out because of the housing market.

We have found ourselves in a very difficult situation and I would be very grateful of any advice which can be offered.

Our tenant was on shorthold tenancy agreement for 6 months, this has now expired, a Section 21 was issued which has also now expired.

In short these are the problems we have experienced:

None payment of rent initially, 1 payment outstanding, since underpaid by housing benefit each month.
    Keeping of non-authorised pets
    Property damage

Communications between the agent and tenant have broken down, we have inspected the property once but received abuse and left. We have recieved months of problems from this tenant but have fortunately kept records of everything. The tenant claims that she is being harassed (although this is not the case)

The tenant appears to have no intention of moving out.

We have since instructed a solicitor to aid in removing the tenant, we have received a letter this morning advising us of potential costs for the solicitor, our problem is we simply do not have the money, my question is, is there anything in the following stages which we can do ourselves to reduce this expenditure.

Thanks for any advice - it's appreciated.

Sandy

We can help you - but expect this to take 2 or 3 months
    (a solicitor would be no quicker)

Firstly, can you answer these questions...

Is the property in England/Wales
    Is the rent less than £2083 per month
    Does the agreement state rent paid monthly
    How much rent is unpaid
    What date (exactly) did the tenancy start
    What date was the section 21 notice served
    What was it's expiry date (exact wording)
    Was it a s21(1)(b) or a s21(4)(a)
    Was a deposit taken
    Have you protected the deposit?

I know thats a lot of questions, but without all the info we can't be sure the advice will be 100% accurate

Comment

Originally posted by whyohwhy View Post
      my question is, is there anything in the following stages which we can do ourselves to reduce this expenditure.
      You don't have to employ a solicitor to get a possession order. A lot of landlords DIY the eviction procedure (at much less cost). But you'll need to answer Snorkerz' questions first before anyone can advise you how to go about it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X