Possession Order and Judgement for arrears

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Possession Order and Judgement for arrears

    Ive been given a Possession Order and judgement for arrears. Tenant left with £2000 of rent arrears, (and £3000 damages). Question is what do I do now?

    Ive written to joint tenants and advised them of the Judgement and said I want to be paid within 1 week. No money received, obviously.

    One tenant I believe is working, the other is on benefits, They had mother as guarantor.

    What do I do next to get my money?

    Finding information is making my head hurt but it seems I need to fill in Form N316 to find out financial information.
    What questions should I ask?
    Should I just do a money claim for the Guarantor?


    If you do the N316 there is a standard set of questions asked, you dont have to ask any extras, but you can.

    If you know where one of the "judgement debtors" is working, then you can attempt to obtain an attachment of earnings.

    If you think either of them have any assets that are worth selling, then it might be worth sending the bailiffs in.

    If you can get their bank details (from rent cheques?) then you can have their bank accounts frozen.

    If all this fails, then yes you can claim against the guarantor - you may have to do the above with them too


    Latest Activity