Laminate flooring is chipped- deposit held- deductions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The photo would be to prove that LL has relaid the floor without OP's consent, not that it was damaged.

All the other suggestions are academic, really, since the check-in inventory does not mention the state of the flooring.

Just let the arbitration service decide. My money is on complete return of deposit unless OP agrees otherwise.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Hi all, thought i'd give you an update. We received just short of £350 of the £750 deposit and so have decided to take the case to the arbitration service. Having submitted all evidence including contracts, inventories, statements and pictures, we are now waiting for a decision or some come back. The lady I spoke to a mydeposits.co.uk said what we had sounded satisfactory however they didnt seem that keen on giving any advice. Just got to wait now, only 2 to 3 months??

Comment

Final Decision

Hi again. This is my final post as we have received a decision from the arbitration service. They decided that although we were not liable for the full cost of the floor replacement, we would have to make a contribution towards it. We have received all of our deposit back minus £144.00 towards the cost of cleaning the carpets (£40.00 as agreed) and £104.00 towards the replacement of the laminate flooring. We are very happy with this result as it was less we had offered before the arbitration. Thank you for all your advice, and good luck to anyone going through the process, Dave

Comment

Good news, at least it proves that the deposit scheme works well in favor of tenants when needed and also shows that LL and LA's need to make their check in inventories more detailed.

Comment

The deposit scheme always works in favour for the tenants, I find the whole process a total joke.

Comment

Originally posted by markbigears View Post
              The deposit scheme always works in favour for the tenants, I find the whole process a total joke.
              So refuse to use it and sue them for the damage through the courts.

OP, do you know how much your LL claimed the laminate cost him to put down in the first place?
              'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X