Finding the right tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 replies from a couple of postcards? Wait till he puts it in the paper! My only experience of an agent was that he just wanted his fee - in spite of written instructions that I had to sign the AST he put tenants in my property and signed it himself. His credit checks were not with the company I insisted on and were useless. I used an agent on that occasion because I was away from home - never again!
    Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
      2 replies from a couple of postcards? Wait till he puts it in the paper! My only experience of an agent was that he just wanted his fee - in spite of written instructions that I had to sign the AST he put tenants in my property and signed it himself. His credit checks were not with the company I insisted on and were useless. I used an agent on that occasion because I was away from home - never again!
      I have emphasised that the OP finds a "good" agent.
      These can be rare, but they are well worth finding and holding onto.

Not all agents are like the one you used.

Comment

but many are....an expensive and avoidable mistake to make!
        Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Originally posted by islandgirl View Post
          but many are....an expensive and avoidable mistake to make!
          If anyone doubts the truth of islandgirl's comments, let them cast their eye down the list of thread headings in the 'Letting Agents' section of this forum where they will find a litany of woe and incompetence to take their breath away.

Don't buy a dog and bark yourself.
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X