Use a private bailiff to remove T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use a private bailiff to remove T?

T refused to move when issued with a 14day eviction notice. So I issued a warrant of possesion of land.

After consistant softly softly nudges to the Bailiff Team at the courts they have given me a date 6 weeks away (8 weeks from submitting warrant)

Is there a way this can be sped up? Can I hire a private Bailiff to do the deed in a shorter period of time?

Reading up on Peaceful Eviction - I called the local police helpline who advised me to seek advice from a solicitor. All I asked was I have a peice of paper from the court asking T to leave. Can I re-enter property when T is out and change the locks.

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
    Can I re-enter property when T is out and change the locks.
    If you could do that, why would anyone employ bailiffs?
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint View Post
      If you could do that, why would anyone employ bailiffs?
      A good reply but pointless; it does not itself prove that re-entry is unlawful.
      Better: see the Protection from Eviction Act 1977.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
        Can I hire a private Bailiff to do the deed in a shorter period of time?
        I am fairly sure that only a county court bailiff can enforce a county court possession order. But it's easy to find out. Ask a private bailiff and in the likely event they say no, then there's your answer. I think it's extremely unlikely that a private bailiff would pretend they had the power to enforce a warrant of possession, because if they didn't have the power and evicted somebody, they'd be in serious trouble.

P.S. You don't have the authority to change the locks either.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X