What would I have signed at the same time as lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would I have signed at the same time as lease?

Sorry this is a silly question to have to ask. I live in an HMO property in Scotland and when we signed the lease there was a separate document which one of us also signed? What is that most likely to have been? I think it was something to do with a short assured tenancy, but have read that some landlords give out section 21 notices at the start of the tenancy.

The 12 months of the agreement is up soon and I don't particularly want to leave then, although I am not sure I want to sign a new agreement for a fixed period. Also at least one person is going to move out at the end of the term, how does it work if some people move out and not others?

I am also wondering how legally binding the contract is anyway as one of my flatmates was actually 17 when he signed the agreement, although was 18 when moved in. We also only signed the lease a month after it started?

Landlord is very relaxed about this sort of thing, but just want to know where we stand.

So, basically, you're asking people on here to tell you what document one of you signed?!

Comment

And your other problem is that there aren't many of us here who know much about scottish L/T law. We concentrate here on E/W law.

P.P.
      Any information given in this post is based on my personal experience as a landlord, what I have learned from this and other boards and elsewhere. It is not to be relied on. Definitive advice is only available from a Solicitor or other appropriately qualified person.

Comment

Originally posted by p_cas View Post
        So, basically, you're asking people on here to tell you what document one of you signed?!

When I rented a flat previously as a student I think we signed something similar at the same time as a lease as well.
        So I was thinking it might be something that was standard practice, or at least common.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X