Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

section 8 notice

Hi,

I am in the process of filling out a section 8 notice using grounds 8,10 and 11 to my tenant who has not paid his rent now for 3 months. Have come to question 4 which asks for a full explanation of why each ground is being relied on. Help!!! Can someone please let me know how I should legally word this. I don,t want to get it wrong!!!

Thanks so much.

I'm not aware of any legal way of wording it, but here's a form of simple wording that I use. You can add/delete as appropriate, but at least the basic info will be there.

Gnd 8: The Tenant pays rent (monthy/weekly), and at least (two months/8 weeks) rent is unpaid. The (monthly/weekly) rent being (£pcm), and the total outstanding rent being £(amount owing).

Gnd 10: The Tenant owes £(amount owing) which is rent lawfully due and is unpaid on the date on which this notice is served. This is increasing at a rate of £(daily rate) per day.

Gnd 11: The Tenant has persistently delayed paying the full rent due since (taking up tenancy of the property on) (AST start date) and this inspite of reminders requesting full payment.

[delete/fill in sections in (blue) in as applicable].

HTH

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X