X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harassed LL
    replied
    Hi,
    Sorry that i've got the wrong forum, this is the first time I've ever tried using a site and I'm not very computer literate. Thanks for the advice, its really useful and settled my mind that I will be able to regain possession.

I registered to look at the Section 21 form and am so pleased there's a template that I can use. Would you mind confirming that I actually write 'After 3rd Sept' in the date of expiry of this notice -date/time field.

Also is there a second Section 21 notice? As I read the info on serving the notice and it said in order to safeguard against an invalid notice if i do get the dates wrong the Landlord zone section 21 notice includes the saving words "...the landlord requires possession after the date stated in this notice or at the end of the period of your tenancy which will end next after the expiration of 2 months from the service upon you of this notice". If i can't find the form with this included on it, should I add it to the notice myself?

Oh sorry, one more question - should I write a covering letter with the notice or is it acceptable to send the notice on its own?

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Snorkerz
    replied
    Adding to MTGs advice - you will need to re-register before downloading the form because the forum and website have different databases.

If the tenants don't move out after the expiry of your section 21 notice, you will need to commence possession proceedings to get your property back, but you can't start those until 4/9/10.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    Originally posted by Harassed LL View Post
    Hi, please could you give me some advice? My tenant has signed a six month assured shorthold tenancy agreement, which started on 04/03/10. I feel I have a problem tenant as call out after call out has been requested, covering all sorts from water leaks, a draft, to washing machine breakdown, boiler breakdown and the latest a gas leak. On each occassion I call out an independent engineer and no problem is found. I've been sent a 6 page letter containing unfounded complaints against me and advising that I've been reported to Citizens Advice.
    Hence, I do not wish to renew/extend the tenancy but do want to regain possession of my property, therefore could anyone confirm what notice I'd need to serve and what the expiry date would be?
    I’d be grateful for any advice or suggestions.
    Many thanks
    Wrong forum (next time please post queries of this kind in the Residential Letting forum), but never mind!

Serve a section 21 (1)(b) notice to expire on 3rd September this year requiring possession after that date. Serve it now or at least before the end of June to allow time for first class post to deliver it by 3rd July. It is wise to send two copies from different post offices and keep the free certificates of postage. Registered post is not recommended as T may refuse delivery, whereas a judge would accept the certificates of postage as proof.

You can download a section 21 proforma from the Agreements and Forms section of this site.

Leave a comment:

• Harassed LL
    started a topic Section 21 notice dates

Section 21 notice dates

Hi, please could you give me some advice? My tenant has signed a six month assured shorthold tenancy agreement, which started on 04/03/10. I feel I have a problem tenant as call out after call out has been requested, covering all sorts from water leaks, a draft, to washing machine breakdown, boiler breakdown and the latest a gas leak. On each occassion I call out an independent engineer and no problem is found. I've been sent a 6 page letter containing unfounded complaints against me and advising that I've been reported to Citizens Advice.
    Hence, I do not wish to renew/extend the tenancy but do want to regain possession of my property, therefore could anyone confirm what notice I'd need to serve and what the expiry date would be?
    I’d be grateful for any advice or suggestions.
    Many thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X