Deposit for new let if old L holds deposit on old let

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fees payable? Check in, check out, referencing etc????
    Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

Islandgirl:

Not sure is you are asking - but yes, fees are still payable for referencing, tenancy agreement etc.

Comment

Nothing, just answering the question as to the downside! I dont use an agent but understand these fees are very substantial. You will have to pay them now and again in 3 months...that was all!
        Unshackled by the chains of idle vanity, A modest manatee, that's me

Comment

You are in the driving seat with this type of short term let.

We currently have a tenant that is in a house waiting to be sold, he moved in on the understanding that it will be sold in about 2-3 months.

He will get a cashback pay out if he moves out within 2 weeks of getting notice.
          Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Urgent advice over S21 please

I have already had some advice 4/5 months ago when my tenancy started and would like some guidance as how to proceed now. To clarify.

Signed AST 29th December 2009 which should mean that tenancy ends 28th June 2010.

Was handed a previously signed and dated S21. Date on S21 is 22nd December a week before AST. I have been advised that this invalidates the AST. In addition it was handed before deposit was protected. I understand that this also invalidates AST?

The AST states on or after 29th June 2010. As this is one day later than 6 month tenancy end date - does this mean that I am legally entitled to stay another month as I would have thought that to stay even one day over the six months takes it into at least a month of periodic? I have just reviewed the AST and although it does state 6 months the dates state 29 December to 29 June inclusive.

The reason I ask is that although I am happy to leave, I have not found anywhere suitable to go. The landlord is willing to continue to let the property provided that I sign a new 12 month AST and pay the agent another load of fees that I am not prepared to pay.

Before I took the tenancy I did ask what happened at the end of the 6 months should I wish to state and I have an email from the letting agent that does state that the tenacy would then continue on a month by month basis and no further fees would be payable.

I have just had an email from the Agent that they have booked a viewing of the property tomorrow, without consulting me first - I did not even know that they were advertising it. What are my rights concerning this?

I am anxious as to how to handle the situation as I certainly have not given notice and reviewing the advice given by Landordzone at the start of the tenancy I don't believe that the landlord had given valid notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Newmarket View Post
              I have already had some advice 4/5 months ago when my tenancy started and would like some guidance as how to proceed now. To clarify.

Signed AST 29th December 2009 which should mean that tenancy ends 28th June 2010.

Was handed a previously signed and dated S21. Date on S21 is 22nd December a week before AST. I have been advised that this invalidates the AST. In addition it was handed before deposit was protected. I understand that this also invalidates AST?
              Yes; the same answer that was given in the previous thread that you started:
              Serving a S21 on first day of AST.
              The information in my posts is provided 'as is'. This is not intended to be legal advice. Legal or other professional advice should be sought before acting or relying on this information or any part of it. I will not be held responsible for loss or damage arising from errors in the information or the way in which a person uses the information on this . For more information on your query use the '' link at the top of this page. Agreements, Forms & Notices can be found .

Comment

Thanks Tom for getting me back to my original post and having reviewed it I feel more confident.

How should I proceed with the proposed viewing? Just tell them NO I am not moving at the moment?

If they bring up the fact that I was served with S21, should I say nothing and let them take it to court or should I bring it to their attention at this point? I know that would probably bring forth a valid S21, but unless that is served before the 29th - 3 days away that would give me 3 months, yeh?

On another point - today is my Birthday and they have nicely spoilt it!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X