Council Tax and Insurance with missing Tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Council Tax and Insurance with missing Tenant

My tenant hasn't been in the property for a little while (well over a month) and my tenancy agreement states it should not be left unoccuppied, I am also looking at taking posession back, so wanted to know,

Although the tenant is still in posession of the property would the fact the property is being left unattended mean I have to inform my insurance so that they are aware the tenant is not there (that's going to up my premiums)!

And at what point do I become liable for Council Tax - when I get posession back, there is a possibility the house could be deemed abandoned - do I need to inform the council?

thanks

Whom do the Local Authority currently bill for Council Tax: you or T?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

The Tenant pays the Council Tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchiexno1 View Post
        The Tenant pays the Council Tax.
        Yes, but whom do the Local Authority currently bill for Council Tax: you or T?
        JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
        1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
        2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
        3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
        4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X