S21 proceedings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S21 proceedings

I have issued section 21 proceedings. No defence has been filed by the tenant. I have applied for the possession order and order for costs. is there likely to be a hearing or should the judge make the Order?

Originally posted by sammi View Post
    I have issued section 21 proceedings. No defence has been filed by the tenant. I have applied for the possession order and order for costs. is there likely to be a hearing or should the judge make the Order?
    Unlikely to be a hearing, once the judge considers the paperwork the tenant will be given a minimum of 14 days to leave.

I am a little unclear from your post - has tenant been sent any paperwork from the court, or are you saying they haven't issued a defence to your section 21(1)(b) or 21(4)(a) notice? The defence (and they are very limited) wouldn't be required until after the court process begins.

Comment

sorry, have issued s.21 proceedings at court as tenant did not leave after s.21 notice expired.
      tenant was sent paperwork from the court, but has not responded in any way. 14 days have passed and I have applied for court possession order. wondered whether judge would still order a hearing or just make the order for possession.

Comment

Originally posted by sammi View Post
        sorry, have issued s.21 proceedings at court as tenant did not leave after s.21 notice expired.
        tenant was sent paperwork from the court, but has not responded in any way. 14 days have passed and I have applied for court possession order. wondered whether judge would still order a hearing or just make the order for possession.
        No, as above, the order shouldn't require a hearing.

Comment

thank you.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X