Witness Statements For Court Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Witness Statements For Court Action

I'm in the process of evicting a tenant for noise & nuisance.

My court date is June 1st.

The court letter says that witness statements need to be served at least 2 working days before the hearing.

In this case, they will be statements from neighbours etc, and I wondered is there an exact format that the court will insist on, or will a signed and dated letter suffice?

if the court do not supply you with statement forms then any letter will probably suffice but you will need to have a declaration at the beginning of the statement and signed by the person who's statement follows that declaration. the declaration will say words along the lines of that the statement is true and the person making it does not say anything they know to be false or do not believe to be true and if it is served in proceedings and they have not been totally honest they acknowledge they will be in trouble. you will have to look it up on tinternet. good luck.

pm
    Before acting on forum advice, you may wish to consult an expert, someone who has all the relevant facts, and who accepts liability for their advice.

Comment

Many Thanks

Comment

Out of interest, i've had 2 tenants leave the site because of the menace that this tenant is causing, and they have stated their reasons for leaving on their notice letters.

I presume this would also be valuable to produce in court?!

Comment

Originally posted by jghomer View Post
          Out of interest, i've had 2 tenants leave the site because of the menace that this tenant is causing, and they have stated their reasons for leaving on their notice letters.

I presume this would also be valuable to produce in court?!
          I'd imagine that the more evidence you have, the better, as I presume you are trying to evict on s.8 discretionary grounds?

I presume you've also served a s.21 as well, just in case?

Witness statements must end with a 'statement of truth' - the wording is "I believe that the facts stated in this witness statement are true" - then signed and dated.

BTW I just looked at your previous thread history and it seems you are frequently applying for possession. Why is that? Do you have a really huge portfolio so the actual percentage of bad'uns is quite small?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X