Reference Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
    The answer may be to approach L direct and cut-out the middleman.
    How would you do that?

A isn't going to pass you details.

Comment

One possibility is via details from HMLR.
      JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
      4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
        The answer may be to approach L direct and cut-out the middleman.
        Practically impossible. Many student LLs live miles away from their properties and leave everythingto their agents. Even if you managed to get hold of them (e.g. by asking the current tenants for their contact details), they would not know how to produce a contract if their life depended on it. Most of them have owned the properties for yonks, no mortgage, the rent is pure profit and they don't mind paying the agents. Sorting the Ts out themselves is too much like hard work for them.

Some Universities put students in touch with LLs for free, but not until about February when all the best properties have been taken by Christmas.
        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X