Landlord refusing to refund full deposit via DPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After vacating, my landord has refused to agree to a full bond refund via the DPS. He is making outrageous claims for damage to varioius carpets, having windows and gutters cleaned and and a claim for moving his furniture back in to the rooms it was originally in. There IS NO INVENTORY signed before i moved in, and I invited him to an inspection when I moved out via the agent by e mail twice, but no response. I totally reject his claims an have disputed it on DPS. so, If no inventory or condition statement was issued on initial tenancy, is he within his rights to withold anything ?

Originally posted by martyn View Post
    After vacating, my landord has refused to agree to a full bond refund via the DPS. He is making outrageous claims for damage to varioius carpets, having windows and gutters cleaned and and a claim for moving his furniture back in to the rooms it was originally in. There IS NO INVENTORY signed before i moved in, and I invited him to an inspection when I moved out via the agent by e mail twice, but no response. I totally reject his claims an have disputed it on DPS. so, If no inventory or condition statement was issued on initial tenancy, is he within his rights to withold anything ?
    Without an inventory L is on very thin ice, and of course you can still use the small claim court if L refuses to use the arbitration scheme

Send L a letter before action stating that if he does not use the DPS arbitration scheme in the next 7 days you will start proceedings in the small claims court (which is very simple and we will happy help you with)

Quick check, is there any form of inventory signed or not

Comment

thanks for info, NO there is no inventory whatsoever. I will check with DPS and see if they have responded. If not I will follow your advice.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X