Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

responsibilities

hi

are these the landlords/tenants responsibilities?

1. mattress replacements

2. bed bug/ cockroach /mice infestation

3. lost keys

4. lock changes

In what context?
    Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

lets say the tenant requests a need mattress - or bed bugs/mice/cock roaches are infesting his residence - or loses his keys

these are common complaints an requests i get and its getting expensive for me to keep calling pest control and replacing mattresses etc.

so is there any way i can get the tenants to pay for this?

up to now i thought it was my legal duty to get all this sorted for them

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Evergreen View Post
        lets say the tenant requests a need mattress - or bed bugs/mice/cock roaches are infesting his residence - or loses his keys

these are common complaints an requests i get and its getting expensive for me to keep calling pest control and replacing mattresses etc.

so is there any way i can get the tenants to pay for this?

up to now i thought it was my legal duty to get all this sorted for them

thanks
        Are they requesting a new mattress because of pests? If so, then if you eradicate the pest problem, then this would be no longer an issue.
        You need to get a report to find out why the pests are returning, this will highlight a remedy.
        If it's something to do with the structure, then you need to rectify it.
        If it's because of something the tenant is doing, then write the tenant with a copy of the report, and tell them that they can call pest control themselves in future, and foot the bill.

This is a "common sense" view, and not a legal one.

Tell them to cut a spare key, and give it to a trusted friend.
        If they don't bother, when they next lose their key, tell them to come to you and pick a spare one up. If you run around after them, they have no incentive to change.

You should be charging them for it, but make it clear in a letter before you start charging to make it fair.

When he finishes the fixed term of his tenancy, I would either get rid of him
        or do a new tenancy agreement that takes care of these annoyances.
        Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X