Old Tenant had Debt problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Tenant had Debt problems

Tenant always paid rent on time except one month when they were three weeks late (at which point they changed their mobile number)

It's a flat that is now our holiday flat for the summer.

Problem is in the last three weeks we have had at least a dozen letters regarding debt, and I know that at least one debt collector has visited the property, along with a baliff on another occassion. (No one was in for these visits)

Now I have the tenants new address and I'm happily forwarding their mail for them..... A few questions
    • How long would you forward their mail for them before you start returning the letters to the sender?
    • If a debt collector calls at the address for them would you give the tenants new address?
    • If a baliff calls at the address for them would you give the tenants new address?

Originally posted by Smiler View Post
    A few questions
    • How long would you forward their mail for them before you start returning the letters to the sender?
    Redirect as long as the letters keep coming
    • If a debt collector calls at the address for them would you give the tenants new address?
    Allways give debt collectors the new address of the people who owe them money
    • If a baliff calls at the address for them would you give the tenants new address?
    Allways give baliffs the new address of the people who owe them money

It's the right thing to do, otherwise it's your next tenants / holiday people that will get harrassed by the bailiffs, then you will soon lose your "customers".

info ( for other members )
    Often, the letters come, then original firm sells the debt, and the debt can be sold on 3 or more times, and the letters keep coming, same amount, but from a different debt collector. So if you know the new address, certainly give it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiler View Post
      I wouldn't forward the mail, as they will just bin them, which will cause the debt collectors to continue sending letters, and debt collectors to your door.

Return them to sender, and send a letter with their forwarding address.
      Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X